News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

something planned for this old house behind alberta ballet/train station?

Maybe its heresy to say this for a heritage building, but I can't help but think how the Barron building would look great if the brick were painted white.
haha - well white brick is in(fill)style these days so who knows... agree though - looks great at human level but terrible from height

Looks a little cheap. The setting will be top notch though. Too bad it wasn’t closer to downtown. A little soccer stadium where the old Mewata stadium was located would have been perfect.

Noticed soil/environmental testing going on at the site at centre street between 11th and 12th ave SE. Wonder if that project could be moving toward construction.
I haven't heard anything about that one going ahead, but given the way rental builds are going, it wouldn't surprise me.. I've heard through the grapevine this one by Bentall Kennedy might be moving ahead.

It could also fairly likely be soil testing for the Green Line Centre Street South Station.

Could be, although it was right near 11th ave, not the 12th ave alignment.
Zeidler recently resubmitted a DP for that site. Not sure if it just because the older, 2015 one was lapsing, or if they were making some adjustments to it to better reflect market conditions. DP2018-5962. It was approved at the end of march. No building permit yet, according to My Property.

Back