SWITCH|bloc | ?m | 4s | PLOT. | MoDA

Interesting building. I always appreciate when a developer (PLOT. in this case) takes a risk and executes a non-traditional design concept. This won't appeal to everyone, but at least it provides some variety. Nice job MoDa.

15469761120262868376622631747963.jpg
15469761769797850948925938293422.jpg

Terrible street presence. Was hoping for better with this. The completely impermeable brick walls along the street just ruin it completely.

I'm not a fan of the front patio walls, but the rest is great. I'm especially looking forward to those Cedar shakes turning gray.

Terrible street presence. Was hoping for better with this. The completely impermeable brick walls along the street just ruin it completely.
They definitely should've done the front side the same way they did the back.

The backside is nothing to write home about either but then it at least doesnt stand out as much. The design looks incredibly dated altogether though, looks straight from the 70s-80s.

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan of this. Tried to do something unique, ended up looking like a nicer version of a 70's building. What is with the awful wooden electrical pole out front?

I like the looks of it so far. Once the black panels are spiffed up, and the cedar ages to gray it will look sharper. Those wooden poles are frustrating. Many a project in the inner city are stuck with them.

I'm not a fan of the front patio walls, but the rest is great. I'm especially looking forward to those Cedar shakes turning gray.
I would normally agree about the patio walls set up like this, however after walking by a few times it doesn't feel as oppressive/closed off as I thought by the pictures. The brick is a good colour/quality and is punctuated with the walk-up stairs. 7th Street here is a really dense and urban place with tons of pedestrian traffic (and a century of random infill designs) so have a more usable lower floor patio through the elevation makes sense to me. Overall the ground floor doesn't really stand-out as awkward compared to the rest of the block's treatments for the ground-floor interface.

Looks like a big mansard roof poop. I applaud these guys for the full-fledged attempt to make pizza hut look sexy though. They are doing cool things on the interior and doing something different than everybody else. It is a good mix for what is needed in the market demographically, so a big win in my books.

Yeah not a fan of this. Tried to do something unique, ended up looking like a nicer version of a 70's building. What is with the awful wooden electrical pole out front?
It costs just over $1000/linear meter to bury an electrical line so most developers don't do it on smaller projects. It would be nice if Enmax invested in putting the lines underground as communities start to (or in this case continue to) redevelop.

Hey guys, it's great to see all the comments (both positive and not so positive, lol) on this project. We welcome all feedback of any type and while it may be a polarizing building at the end of the day, we'd rather make architecture that starts lively conversations and spurs debate rather than make something that people are completely apathetic to. The city has enough of those buildings!

The multi-family typology is extremely challenging to do something innovative in. Everything is an uphill battle, including burying Enmax lines. We're always fighting the bottom line. But that will never stop us from trying!

Whatever you do, don't stop caring. We need more voices like the ones on this forum!

Back