News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Retail Thread

Old Lammles?

No, it's the smaller stores right next to Pottery Barn. I think it use to be Call It Spring, Nyx Cosmetics and Maxime's Jewels, but it looks like this space is being consolidated for Victoria Secret and they have some of their branding on the construction hoarding outside already.

Uniqlo opened their first Calgary location at Chinook today. Videos are circulating on X and Instagram and the line ups were crazy.

3F761972-B9E6-454C-A090-60D343D8183C.jpeg

Noticed the old London Drugs on 8th has a development permit on the windows. Anyone know anything about what is going in there?
Address: 1508 8 ST SW

File Number: DP2022-08445

Description: New: Sign - Class D (Canopy Sign)

Applicant: PRIORITY PERMITS
Released
This application was approved on December 28, 2022. The permit was released to the applicant on December 29, 2022.

Noticed Structube on 17th has vacated their spot. Sad to see such a large space empty on 17th. Hopefully something goes in there soon.

Address: 1508 8 ST SW

File Number: DP2022-08445

Description: New: Sign - Class D (Canopy Sign)

Applicant: PRIORITY PERMITS
Released
This application was approved on December 28, 2022. The permit was released to the applicant on December 29, 2022.
Caught a brief glimpse of the inside renovations and based on the colors used I believe a Dollarama is going in here.

One thing about Dollarama that is a little underrated in urban communities is that they provide a really broad range of goods, which is convenient for households who don't want to make the trip out to a suburban mall. It's not generally great stuff, but sometimes I don't want the 5-star bulletproof tarp used in 9 out of 10 Everest expeditions, I just need a blue plastic sheet to keep dust off something in my storage unit or hold a space at Folk Fest.

Back