News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.9K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 1.3K     0 

Calgary Retail Thread

Stephen Ave

Member Bio
Reaction score
I saw a fair amount of cars at that New Horizon Mall and stopped in to see what's happening. Much to my surprise there were quite a few stores, and quite a few people. Still quiet, but not the ghost town it was.

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I suspect a lot of it has to do with The Best Shop opening up. From July 16th.

1212.jpg

Skyfire

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Best Shop hasn't helped as it's on the downstairs level with it's own entrance and most people avoid walking through the mall which is it's own ghost town.

It looks like a town hall was held to assuage fears but I can only imagine a lot of renters and owners are losing a ton of money to maintenance and management fees which are just going down the drain.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yeah they are moving to the Bannerman Block down 4 Street.

Social Justice

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think you could call this good news.

We have more pot stores than any other municipality in Canada.

cannabis_numbers.png

googspecial

Member Bio
Reaction score

peopletalking

Member Bio
Reaction score
I doubt you all will be as excited as me about this announcement but I'm a college student is this is exciting for me nonetheless.

Drake will be opening a store at chinook for his clothing brand Octobers Very Own (OVO). I believe they have 3 or 4 stores in Toronto, one in Vancouver and a handful more in place like LA, New York, London, Tokyo Etc. Along with the one in Calgary they're opening one in Ottawa.

OVO opening 2 new stores in Canada

The clothing is fairly expensive but the quality of it is amazing, and a lot of it is made in Scarborough.

potatopizzafan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I doubt you all will be as excited as me about this announcement but I'm a college student is this is exciting for me nonetheless.

Drake will be opening a store at chinook for his clothing brand Octobers Very Own (OVO). I believe they have 3 or 4 stores in Toronto, one in Vancouver and a handful more in place like LA, New York, London, Tokyo Etc. Along with the one in Calgary they're opening one in Ottawa.

OVO opening 2 new stores in Canada

The clothing is fairly expensive but the quality of it is amazing, and a lot of it is made in Scarborough.
pretty cool, although i wish it was opening on 17 ave or somewhere other than a mall