News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary Retail Thread

I saw a fair amount of cars at that New Horizon Mall and stopped in to see what's happening. Much to my surprise there were quite a few stores, and quite a few people. Still quiet, but not the ghost town it was.

I suspect a lot of it has to do with The Best Shop opening up. From July 16th.

1212.jpg

The Best Shop hasn't helped as it's on the downstairs level with it's own entrance and most people avoid walking through the mall which is it's own ghost town.

It looks like a town hall was held to assuage fears but I can only imagine a lot of renters and owners are losing a ton of money to maintenance and management fees which are just going down the drain.

Yeah they are moving to the Bannerman Block down 4 Street.

I think you could call this good news.

We have more pot stores than any other municipality in Canada.

cannabis_numbers.png

I doubt you all will be as excited as me about this announcement but I'm a college student is this is exciting for me nonetheless.

Drake will be opening a store at chinook for his clothing brand Octobers Very Own (OVO). I believe they have 3 or 4 stores in Toronto, one in Vancouver and a handful more in place like LA, New York, London, Tokyo Etc. Along with the one in Calgary they're opening one in Ottawa.

OVO opening 2 new stores in Canada

The clothing is fairly expensive but the quality of it is amazing, and a lot of it is made in Scarborough.

I doubt you all will be as excited as me about this announcement but I'm a college student is this is exciting for me nonetheless.

Drake will be opening a store at chinook for his clothing brand Octobers Very Own (OVO). I believe they have 3 or 4 stores in Toronto, one in Vancouver and a handful more in place like LA, New York, London, Tokyo Etc. Along with the one in Calgary they're opening one in Ottawa.

OVO opening 2 new stores in Canada

The clothing is fairly expensive but the quality of it is amazing, and a lot of it is made in Scarborough.
pretty cool, although i wish it was opening on 17 ave or somewhere other than a mall

Reactions: AJX

Back