Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well they're past the podium now! Hopefully it starts to rise faster now.

How awesome is it that we're basically getting two 120ish meter towers right along the tracks out of one project?!? Can anyone confirm the height of the Rental Tower? I seem to remember 127 meters, but I could be wrong.

The rental tower is indeed 127m - 30 floors. Main level will have 7,200 sq ft of retail, and there will be three levels of parking above the the main level. Here's a higher res rendering to refresh people's memories. It looks like the two towers are joined at least on the main floor and maybe the second.

Residence Inn - Residential2.jpg

Attachments

• Residence Inn - Residential2.jpg
    Residence Inn - Residential2.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 519
Is that from grade? 127 metres is pretty tall for a residential tower of this design. That's good new it's going ahead. Last I heard was the developer wasn't sure.

It looks like the podiums are connected via some sort of walkway and a +15 type of walkway. Glad to see they are going ahead with the residential portion.

The rental tower is indeed 127m - 30 floors. Main level will have 7,200 sq ft of retail, and there will be three levels of parking above the the main level. Here's a higher res rendering to refresh people's memories. It looks like the two towers are joined at least on the main floor and maybe the second.

View attachment 94372

This is the first I've ever seen of the high res render of the entire project. Where did you find it? Thanks man! Glad to hear that I was spot on on the 127 meters. That'll make it the 4th tallest residential tower in the city, right behind the 128 meter Arriva. If it were in Edmonton, it would be the 6th tallest building in the city currently!

Last edited:
Is that from grade? 127 metres is pretty tall for a residential tower of this design. That's good new it's going ahead. Last I heard was the developer wasn't sure.
127m seems high for 30 floors, but that's the height from grade as per the architect.

It could be because it may be 30 floors of residential on top of 5 floors of above ground parking.

I considered it as 34 or 35 floors. It compares ten metres taller to The Mark, Park Place, rental beside Mark, The Royal, etc. It doesn't appear to be taller than the hotel tower in the rendering. I can only guess it was revised to around 40 floors after the rendering was produced or a spire was added.

My assumption was correct. The render displays it as 30 storeys of residential with a double-height lobby on top of the podium, on top of the 4 - 5 storey parking/retail podium, plus the crown. So voila, you have where the height number comes from.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the DP, just going by the architect (IBI), but they have said 30 floors at 127m. It does have the above ground parking (3 levels) and one retail level. It's possible the floor heights are a bit taller...even 1 extra foot per floor adds almost 10 meters.

That might be it, but if you count in the render, it does have 34 storeys (1 retail, 3 parking, 30 residential) plus the crown which rises a good 7 - 10 meters above the top of the 30th residential floor. So that does account for the abnormal height.

But, how is the 34 floors here that different from the half dozen 30+ storey towers going up in the city? Parking floors aren't taller, Most of those other towers have a floor or two of commercial space as well. The lobby cuts into the second floor. The crown isn't abnormally tall either. Taller ceiling heights for a rental tower would be odd and even more for a hotel tower. The 127 metres just doesn't make sense for the number of floors and for the rendering which has both towers at around the same height. I say again. The only sense I see is it's been either increased closer to 40 storeys or the IBI source was mistaken.

Neither of us will ever agree on this without further proof. I find it a really odd number and you just want it to be true. That's abundantly clear with the unnecessary gloating at Edmonton's expense. It really doesn't matter to me how tall it is. The multiple posts detailing the height just got me thinking about it.

Back