Votes: 4 5.5%
  • So so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

• Terrible

• Total voters
I'm glad they popped in a bunch of that glass at the end, and overall I'm happy with it. At the same time, I think it's too bad they didn't put in more of that amazing glass. The building could have been spectacular.

@everydaytourist
DKIiEnHU8AA-oYT.jpg:large

^ Looking great! Major public realm improvements along 3rd street SE happening as well. I've never seen so much public realm improvements happening at the same time in Cgy. 1st street, 17th ave, and Eau-Claire trail other notables to mention, with many other patchwork upgrades happening as well.

Hi Group,
When is the Opening for Nenshi"s New 2nd Hand Book Store. Must B in 2018 Sometime.
Tnx,'
Operater,

I love this building but I agree with SurrealPlaces, they should've had more glass ... from the interior renders it looks like a very natural-light-driven building, flooding with sunlight. I think that'd set a very nice peaceful atmosphere throughout the library. In fact, the renders seem to show way more windows than the actual thing has. That's a shame. Not sure if this is quite enough, I'd expect they'd still have to have electric lights on in the day time in some places. I just hope they do it right. Fluorescent bulbs everywhere isn't very attractive.
Are there any skylights anywhere? That'd ease my worry a lot.

I love this building but I agree with SurrealPlaces, they should've had more glass ... from the interior renders it looks like a very natural-light-driven building, flooding with sunlight. I think that'd set a very nice peaceful atmosphere throughout the library. In fact, the renders seem to show way more windows than the actual thing has. That's a shame. Not sure if this is quite enough, I'd expect they'd still have to have electric lights on in the day time in some places. I just hope they do it right. Fluorescent bulbs everywhere isn't very attractive.
Are there any skylights anywhere? That'd ease my worry a lot.
As far as I can tell, there's only the one skylight. It's a decent sized one, but they probably could have used two of them.

^ Looking great! Major public realm improvements along 3rd street SE happening as well. I've never seen so much public realm improvements happening at the same time in Cgy. 1st street, 17th ave, and Eau-Claire trail other notables to mention, with many other patchwork upgrades happening as well.
The public realm of Calgary could easily get a trophy for 'most improved student' over the last couple of years.

<3<3<3!!! I'm so stoked to do some studying in this library. Really lucky that I'll still have two or three years of Uni left after it opens :D

Hi Group,
Anyone Else besides Me see the Friday Edition of the Herald (Sept 29th Issue) They Had an Article on the New Library. Very Positive as I saw It.
Tnx,
Operater,

My main concern is that blank wall at grade along the side of the LRT portal. Unavoidable I'm sure, due to concerns about noise and vibrations, but hopefully they can paint a mural or do something else interesting with it.

Maybe a couple of sculptures? Definitely a good candidate for some public art.

My main concern is that blank wall at grade along the side of the LRT portal. Unavoidable I'm sure, due to concerns about noise and vibrations, but hopefully they can paint a mural or do something else interesting with it.

Back