Votes: 4 5.5%
  • So so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Very Good

• Terrible

• Total voters
I agree with Maestro. While it has definitely improved since the cladding first went up, it still falls behind expectations. I think there was a lot of exterior cost cutting (less clear glass, the sloped walls removed) and the materials look cheap compared to what was shown in the renderings. It's a very cool building but I don't think it will become a Calgary icon like I hoped. As of now I give it a B+.

I agree with Maestro. While it has definitely improved since the cladding first went up, it still falls behind expectations. I think there was a lot of exterior cost cutting (less clear glass, the sloped walls removed) and the materials look cheap compared to what was shown in the renderings. It's a very cool building but I don't think it will become a Calgary icon like I hoped. As of now I give it a B+.

That's it. The rendering had a curved glass wall above the entrance that gave the space the appearance of height and oomph.

http://cdn.skyrisecities.com/sites/default/files/images/projects/18147/18147-60692.jpeg

In general, still a nice project, but the cost-cutting and pedestrian material choices have led to a result that falls short of being iconic. It doesn't feel as special as NMC.

As some design bum once said, the details are not the details. They make the design.

Please don't tell me they're fully done the wood underside ...
those pictures still show quite a few holes or boards missing or something.
Is it really THAT much more expensive to put a few windows in place of regular walls? I understand curved windows, but just a few more normal ones? I guess it's too late now - but I don't think skimping out on the amount of windows was a good choice whether aesthetically or financially.

There's probably some lights to go in there yet.

Please don't tell me they're fully done the wood underside ...
those pictures still show quite a few holes or boards missing or something.
Is it really THAT much more expensive to put a few windows in place of regular walls? I understand curved windows, but just a few more normal ones? I guess it's too late now - but I don't think skimping out on the amount of windows was a good choice whether aesthetically or financially.

Awesome pic ^
I was just thinking the other day that up the parkade would give great angles for the library. Gonna have to get up there myself

I meant to post this the other day, and forgot.

from https://twitter.com/NCLinEV?lang=en

DMmU0B0UIAA_kyz (1).jpg

Attachments

• DMmU0B0UIAA_kyz (1).jpg
    DMmU0B0UIAA_kyz (1).jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 346
Wow that's totally awesome. I love how it's sort of a timelapse of 4 buildings too!

Hi Alll
Did Anyone Else see the Topic in the Herald on Friday I Believe it was Saying this Project will B Completed ahead of Schedule.
Tnx,
Operater

Back