Munro | 26m | 7s | Calgary Co-op | NORR

I would be 100% good with that. More traffic lights instead of less, and maybe some traffic calming features.Take away a lane from each side to be used for parking. I don't love more parking for cars, but it would give the avenue a different feel.

This might be too radical for Calgarians, but put a cycle track on 16th ave. I can almost hear all the people freaking out lol.
I would like a cycle track down 16th, and it's one i would use myself. People would lose their minds, but we can still dream. Who knows maybe someday it'll be a reality.

A development permit for this one has been subitted.

Given that Quarry Bay is no longer involved in these projects, I am not sure if the design has changed or not. Let's hope....
New development partner is Roy Op. It is a yellow and white, EIFS, NORR-special. It takes random rectangle architecture to never seen before heights.

1654643607252.png

Yuck. 🤮

It's pretty much what I would have expected TBH. IMO, it's a step up from the previous design though, even with the psychedelic pattern lol. . Nice to see the parking lot in behind the development instead of facing 16th.

Last edited:
Really excited for all commercial entrances to turn there back on 16th Ave entirely to front an interior parking lot. Glad to see our Main Street policies failing miserably

Really excited for all commercial entrances to turn there back on 16th Ave entirely to front an interior parking lot. Glad to see our Main Street policies failing miserably
Does it? looks to me like most of it faces 16th, with the coop around the back?

A storefront on a wide, noisy, and undesirable main city corridor.......... or a boring parking lot.

Aaah North American society 🙌

Last edited:

Back