News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Calgary International Airport

Deliveries start in 2019, no destinations confirmed yet.
I'm guessing they'll replace the existing 767 routes, and who knows maybe some domestic. My brother in law flew to Toronto from Calgary a while back and it was a Dreamliner. I didn't know they flew domestic, but apparently it happens.

Yeah, AC (and even WS sometimes) utilize widebody aircraft on domestic routes. You see a lot between Toronto and Vancouver, quite a few of those also allow the aircraft to re-position for a long haul flight.

I believe the 767’s are staying on the Europe routes for the time being once the Dreamliner arrive. The ‘87’s will be used for expansion into Asia

Interesting. I figured they were to replace the older 767's but if they go to Asia that would be cool....or maybe not..... maybe they'll only fly out of YVR?

Either way, the hanger will be here, so we'll see them one way or another. The Dreamliner is probably my favourite jetliner at the moment, and the more we see at YYC the better.

Offtopic, but just wondering what people think of the 797 concept?

I think a lot of the 767 maintenance issues/snags at WS have been worked out, Boeing probably also did a lot to help them out over the course of that. I think WS flat out owns the birds too, so just like the 737-600's the bean counters will probably keep them flying until they are no good. Still a good aircraft for the European and winter Hawaii runs.

I’m excited for a new Boeing model. Is the ‘97 going to be a new widebody or a new narrow body?
Narrow body. It's meant to be like a newer 757, much like the Dreamliner was meant to be a newer 767 type aircraft. 757's have been making a bit of a comeback. There isn't really a newer model plane that fills that void, which is now a popular use. Being able to use them for flights to Europe. The 797 would probably have a much longer range and ETOPS rating than the 757 and could easily service even Eastern Europe from NA.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the 767 maintenance issues/snags at WS have been worked out, Boeing probably also did a lot to help them out over the course of that. I think WS flat out owns the birds too, so just like the 737-600's the bean counters will probably keep them flying until they are no good. Still a good aircraft for the European and winter Hawaii runs.
Yeah, I've always liked the 767 in general. Older, but surprisingly useful aircraft. I hope they keep them and use the Dreamliners for new routes.

I may have been on an AC Dreamliner between Calgary and Toronto a few weeks back. It was certainly the biggest plane I've ever been on.

In US preclearance:
EDC6EA16-25C3-4377-A138-DFB01282AF8F.jpeg

Attachments

• EDC6EA16-25C3-4377-A138-DFB01282AF8F.jpeg
    EDC6EA16-25C3-4377-A138-DFB01282AF8F.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 303

Back