Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

So does this mean we have a total of $4.6 billion dollars to build the green line?

$1.53 x 3

So does this mean we have a total of $4.6 billion dollars to build the green line?

$1.53 x 3
It was fully funded already, this is just more of a final re-commitment. A chance for some political points in the media, which is fair. The city and the feds are already committed, it's the province that's kind of up in the air due to the upcoming election. The province is using the carbon tax to fund this and Kenny is saying he'll scrap it. But otherwise, yes this is funded.

So now that this is officially funded, I think it can go to tender, right? Does anyone know the timeline for that process, and when the winning bid will be revealed?

Any expectations on rolling stock? I've heard Siemens is bidding, hopefully, YYC chooses them over Bombardier. Beyond the multiple missed deadlines for Toronto the LRV's from them also only have 3 sets of doors (two single and two double) while the Siemens offering has 4, important for running fast service.

Any expectations on rolling stock? I've heard Siemens is bidding, hopefully, YYC chooses them over Bombardier. Beyond the multiple missed deadlines for Toronto the LRV's from them also only have 3 sets of doors (two single and two double) while the Siemens offering has 4, important for running fast service.
Bombardier and Siemens of course, then Alstom, CAF. Maybe a wild card like Mitsubishi, Kinki Sharyo (they built Seattle and others rolling stock) or China's CRRC.

Was in Waterloo this past week where their ION system will be opening soon (Canada's 3rd proper light rail system to open if it beats Ottawa). The system overall is nice, but I think the grade crossings Calgary is avoiding with the Green Line are smart to remove . . .https://youtu.be/3Hk34WAchd8

Was in Waterloo this past week where their ION system will be opening soon (Canada's 3rd proper light rail system to open if it beats Ottawa). The system overall is nice, but I think the grade crossings Calgary is avoiding with the Green Line are smart to remove . . .https://youtu.be/3Hk34WAchd8
It is nice. Folks will probably compare it to toronto’s Streetcars with ROW: St Claire, Spadina, Waterfront, etc. Hopefully it connects well with GO and VIA. Good for KW.

So now that this is officially funded, I think it can go to tender, right? Does anyone know the timeline for that process, and when the winning bid will be revealed?

Latest update is that the RFQ will be issued in “Q2 2019”.

Note that in the March 2018 report to council, the project team said that they needed to issue RFQ by October 2018, RFP by February 2019, and contract award by April 2020 to meet the project schedule of 2020 construction start and 2026 revenue service. So they are already 6-8 months behind.

I like option 3 best.

Back