Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Good

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • So-So

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Here are the revised renders. The west tower has been shortened due to the shadowing concerns raised by the residents of Bucci's Radius to the north. It's worth mentioning that Bucci is also the developer of this one, so they don't wanna piss off the residents of their latest project if they wanna make sales in this one. It's a perfectly fine compromise, considering the shortening of the west tower allows sunlight for most of the year on Radius' rooftop patio.

fullsizeoutput_1d49.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d4b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d4d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d47.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1d4f.jpeg

This is one of my most anticipated projects - there's so much to like about it from the texture of the facade, to the interactive nature of the ground floor. The 'reflective material' and how that will change given the conditions of the sky is intriguing! Look forward to seeing this one move forward.

Here are the revised renders. The west tower has been shortened due to the shadowing concerns raised by the residents of Bucci's Radius to the north. It's worth mentioning that Bucci is also the developer of this one, so they don't wanna piss off the residents of their latest project if they wanna make sales in this one. It's a perfectly fine compromise, considering the shortening of the west tower allows sunlight for most of the year on Radius' rooftop patio.

At the Calgary Real Estate forum a couple of weeks ago, Bucci said this project will be purpose built rentals, no pre-sales or sales in general. Expect it to break ground soon I think.

At the Calgary Real Estate forum a couple of weeks ago, Bucci said this project will be purpose built rentals, no pre-sales or sales in general. Expect it to break ground soon I think.

source.gif

Such a simply design but, so elegant. The way the twin towers play off each other is seldom a consideration in this city of twins. The street level commercial is boring but, it's just a rendering. The details won't be known until it's built.

Simple and elegant is a great way to describe it. I'm intrigued by the reflective material and how the colors will change with the sky.

Looks like this one's close to starting. The drive in from the airport via memorial continues to dramatically change (Inglewood, Bridgeland, Vic Park, East Village).

The next third-phase development is also expected to be Bucci’s — its fourth in the Bridges after Radius and first-phase Bella Lusso and Bella Citta condo buildings. The Vancouver-based company has proposed a two-tower (one 14 storeys, the other 15) mixed-use development with 340 rental units topping 9,000 square feet of retail space on a one-acre site in front of Radius.
The Calgary Planning Commission is recommending approval of the land-use changes and development permit, with both going to city council Dec. 10.
Mike Bucci, vice-president Bucci Developments, hopes to have shovels in the ground next February for Dominion (Bridgeland’s name comes from the Dominion Bridge Co. that operated nearby a century ago).
Bucci says land-use changes are required because the original Bridges plan “needed refreshing. There was too much homogeneity; the area needs retail and needs a really good restaurant and activity at night.”
He says there has not been any new rental housing (at market prices) since the late 1970s in an increasingly attractive inner-city neighbourhood.

https://calgaryherald.com/life/homes/condos/bridgeland-is-a-good-place-for-the-future

Looks like this one's close to starting. The drive in from the airport via memorial continues to dramatically change (Inglewood, Bridgeland, Vic Park, East Village).

The next third-phase development is also expected to be Bucci’s — its fourth in the Bridges after Radius and first-phase Bella Lusso and Bella Citta condo buildings. The Vancouver-based company has proposed a two-tower (one 14 storeys, the other 15) mixed-use development with 340 rental units topping 9,000 square feet of retail space on a one-acre site in front of Radius.
The Calgary Planning Commission is recommending approval of the land-use changes and development permit, with both going to city council Dec. 10.
Mike Bucci, vice-president Bucci Developments, hopes to have shovels in the ground next February for Dominion (Bridgeland’s name comes from the Dominion Bridge Co. that operated nearby a century ago).
Bucci says land-use changes are required because the original Bridges plan “needed refreshing. There was too much homogeneity; the area needs retail and needs a really good restaurant and activity at night.”
He says there has not been any new rental housing (at market prices) since the late 1970s in an increasingly attractive inner-city neighbourhood.

https://calgaryherald.com/life/homes/condos/bridgeland-is-a-good-place-for-the-future
How bigs the smaller tower? I know the article says 14 storeys but does that include the recent revision, in the renderings it looks 10 storeys.

Awesome to hear that they will be rentals. I was worried they might not get built, but now it seems much more likely, and this is probably my favorite project outside of Telus Sky right now.

Back