Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Okay

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Not Great

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
I was just looking at it in person. I'm not sure whether it will look good or bad when it's all done. One thing for sure, though, is that it will look aggressive. Definitely going to piss off anyone who envisioned Marda Loop becoming a "Ye Olde Town" consistent with Garrison Woods.

For both the cladding and the courtyard: I'm impressed by the ambition and nervous about the execution.
It's definitely going to stand out, and there will be some who don't like it. I like the fact that it does. It reminds me of Avli in Inglewood, the way it differs drastically from the surroundings.

cant be worse than lyfe
Lyfe somewhat fits with that nimby "Ye Olde Towne" insanity ideal mentioned by Silence&Motion.

I was just looking at it in person. I'm not sure whether it will look good or bad when it's all done. One thing for sure, though, is that it will look aggressive. Definitely going to piss off anyone who envisioned Marda Loop becoming a "Ye Olde Town" consistent with Garrison Woods.

For both the cladding and the courtyard: I'm impressed by the ambition and nervous about the execution.
Give me more of this, it's hard to do something amazing and different if you're holding back.

Very much how I feel about it so far! Love the renderings, but unsure about the degree to which the finished product is actually going to look like the renderings.

Here are a few of the courtyard entrance. It’s hard to get a close-up view with all the scaffolding in the way, but I think the entrance is going to be wider and more prominent than has come through in some of the pics.

View attachment 292013View attachment 292014View attachment 292015

I am so confused how anyone thought it would be a good idea to develop a staircase like that, leading up to a ceiling? IIRC, the original renders had the space above the entirety of the stairs completely open. It currently looks cramped, awkward, and highly unusable. Hmmm.

I am so confused how anyone thought it would be a good idea to develop a staircase like that, leading up to a ceiling? IIRC, the original renders had the space above the entirety of the stairs completely open. It currently looks cramped, awkward, and highly unusable. Hmmm.
Unfortunately the photos don't do a good job of showing the open fell of the stairs, as a good portion is open all the way to the top, but scaffolding combined with the walkways gives the appearance of it being closed in. there is a section that appears to go right up to a ceiling. Not sure if that's permanent or not.

Here are a couple recent ones that I forgot to post. Not much more detail than the previous ones, but nice to see the sun coming in. It looks like the piece of ceiling overhanging the stairs is permanent 😐
64282F63-D36E-4AF3-AF2B-67E109B3E293.jpeg
6642208A-724B-4CD1-AA0E-E14C003879D8.jpeg

It's taking a while for sure. I feel like once all the tarp comes off, and the scaffolding comes down, it come together super quickly.
Me thinks the same. It'll probably all come down a matter of days. I'm nervous about the metal cladding. It look great, but it could look bad.

Back