Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Okay

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Not Great

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
Haven't seen this rendering shared on the forum. A straight-on look.
1611214593463.png

OH right, NECB... You can have buildings entirely clad in glass and meet NECB as long as the electrical and mechanical systems are efficient.

That's correct. It was originally going to be condos, but was changed to rentals early in the construction. That's the market these days. In 5-10 years who knows, we might see all of these projects being converted to condos.

That's correct. It was originally going to be condos, but was changed to rentals early in the construction. That's the market these days. In 5-10 years who knows, we might see all of these projects being converted to condos.
This might be a dumb question, but how would a developer go about converting rentals to condos?

This might be a dumb question, but how would a developer go about converting rentals to condos?

Get all your tenants to move out. Set up a condo corporation. Legal and condo docs. Set up reserve fund. Register all units as condominium property with land titles. Sell them.

Get all your tenants to move out. Set up a condo corporation. Legal and condo docs. Set up reserve fund. Register all units as condominium property with land titles. Sell them.
Pretty much how I remember it, expect from my experience the tenants didn't move out until after (If I'm remembering the events correctly)

I lived in an apartment building in Mission that went condo. I remember the landlord told everyone he was turning the building into a condo, and then I believe the landlord turned the building into a condo, but was the sole owner of all the units when he did it (though I could be wrong) ... about 6 months later multiple 'for sale' signs went up and several units were suddenly for sale all at once.
My landlord stayed the same as he kept about a dozen or so units. Some of the units were purchased by new owners, and from what I recall, the situation with renters was different depending on the new owner. Some got to stay until their lease run out. Some stayed but rented to a new landlord.

Back