Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Not Great

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
50A51B18-E97B-4D78-8FC8-0486FE098151.jpeg
1A1D8CD2-D836-4290-AB8D-E81FC8CCCE21.jpeg

Maybe it was the angle of the sun, but the stairs looked nicely lit and open at the time I took the photo. even with all the scaffolding. I suspect the stairs will be alright in the end. I envision people sitting on the stairs on nice days having their coffee, etc.. It would be nicer if they were wider, but hey, I'll take the fact that there are stairs and as courtyard to begin with for the win.

They feel narrower because the original rendering have the eastern corner of level 2 cut back. Just didn't work out with the structure or the inside space, so it was boxed-out conventionally. The tarps aren't doing it any favors either, but there are huge panes of curtain wall there as well.

The at-grade human experience is awesome.

Hopefully they add some inviting finishing touches to the stairwell. If it's left as raw concrete, I can imagine a lot of people mistaking it for an entrance to a parking garage or something.

The renderings seemed to show planters on both sides of the stairs, but it seems narrow for planters on the left side. If they can incorporate planters effectively, I think it will be inviting.

Back