Votes: 19 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The big Mammoet was no longer on site this morning, so I'm guessing all pods are now in place.

I have to say I have been drifting into that camp that likes this, East Village was already starting to get a little too uniform for my tastes. I like something like this that changes up the visual.

I heard that too, that today was the last day for the pods, so that must be the case.
The big Mammoet was no longer on site this morning, so I'm guessing all pods are now in place.

I have to say I have been drifting into that camp that likes this, East Village was already starting to get a little too uniform for my tastes. I like something like this that changes up the visual.

Just over 8 weeks to get all these pods up. Thought it would have been quicker. But not bad, that's a level a week it looks like.

I wonder if the weather was a factor. I remember @Surrealplaces saying it was supposed to be finished around late November.

That's what they said at the time. Maybe weather was a factor who knows....the pods were shipped from Poland to Thunder Bay by boat and then be truck to Calgary....maybe they ran into a few snags.

Hi Group,
This Project Might Look Cheap, Gritty etc Right Now, but give it a few Months and it will Start looking Great Really.

Tnx,
Operater,

We had some pretty windy days the last few weeks too, perhaps those delayed the ability to lift up pods via crane?

waiting to see finishings. has an interesting industrial loft look going though! With Alt, Verve, Cidex project, and Ink, looks like another layer has already been added to the neighborhood.

We had some pretty windy days the last few weeks too, perhaps those delayed the ability to lift up pods via crane?
It wouldn't surprise me if that was a factor. I watched them lift one of the pods on a day with no wind, and it was moving around a fair bit.

waiting to see finishings. has an interesting industrial loft look going though! With Alt, Verve, Cidex project, and Ink, looks like another layer has already been added to the neighborhood.
I'm thoroughly enjoying the industrial look, and when finished it'll stand out among a group of buildings that look similar. I wondering if this kind of construction is an upcoming trend. Do you think we'll see more of this in Calgary?

I hope we see more of it in North America in general. But yes we'll definitely see more in Calgary, considering we're the first city in the country to do a pre-fab high-rise. Just need to get a pre-fab pod construction facility online in North America and hopefully it'll become common.

I hope we see more of it in North America in general. But yes we'll definitely see more in Calgary, considering we're the first city in the country to do a pre-fab high-rise. Just need to get a pre-fab pod construction facility online in North America and hopefully it'll become common.

It's been around for decades. There are facilities throughout North America and this is the first high rise to be built in Canada. It makes sense for a hotel with 120 identical, roughly 200 square foot shoeboxes or kit houses. It stops making sense for high rise residential with customized floor plates specific to a particular development and with every suite on a floor having a different layout with 500 square feet or more. There are developments with twin towers. There aren't twin developments.

Back