Votes: 19 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just a reminder for those who didn't see the latest renders...

This is the view of the face along Riverfront Ave (South face) which we've never seen a render of before on here or SSP.

Alt-Calgary-Vue-east-jour_Render_Sq.jpg

And a composite...

Alt-Calgary-Web-Feature.jpg

In the spirit of modernism, I kinda hope they don't make many changes and let the pre-fab construction really show in the final form without covering it up under a facade.
I agree. The unique 'Lego' look is growing on me. I would like it if it stayed this way with only a few touch ups.

Crazy but I don't know how anyone can like how it currently looks! To each their own! For me it is an unfinished pile of junk. It literally looks like someone stacked shipping containers in a block. I'm hoping once the final touches are done it will appear crisp and clean.

Crazy but I don't know how anyone can like how it currently looks! To each their own! For me it is an unfinished pile of junk. It literally looks like someone stacked shipping containers in a block. I'm hoping once the final touches are done it will appear crisp and clean.
I'm with you, it looks cheap and messy right now. Can't wait till they clean it up and cover all the joints.

I'm with the leave it as is mentality. Obviously some finishing is needed, but I like the unique look. Crisp and clean already dominates EV, and there's more to come.

To me, EV is supposed to be our clean and crisp neighbourhood, Inglewood / Ramsay will be the gritty area, Beltline is the most dynamic...

Clean and Crisp? Hmm, personally I was hoping East Village would be the place for experimentation and forward-thinking ideas. We're getting some of that with the institutions and public realm...but I find most of the condos to be a bit too safe.

Clean and Crisp? Hmm, personally I was hoping East Village would be the place for experimentation and forward-thinking ideas. We're getting some of that with the institutions and public realm...but I find most of the condos to be a bit too safe.
The fact that everyone seems to love or hate ALT is one if the things I like about it. All others so far, are clean, crisp and safe, but ALT is noticeable. ALT, NMC and the library will stand out in group of solid, safe looking building.

I don’t like the unfinished look. I know it’s not finished yet but I hope they do put on some nice finishing and make it look a little more polished.

Same here. I'm not worried about the finished product still to come.

I love it as is. It looks very industrial/cyberpunk. By contrast, the renderings look cheap and forgettable.

Someone with some photo shop skills grey-scale that picture and swap out the blue skies for something more Matrix-y. Then all we'd need is some utilitarian scrolling text about how it's now 2007 and 10 years ago robots/clones/aliens destroyed everything. I'd watch that movie. :rolleyes:

Circling back to reality (briefly), I'm waiting to see the finished product to make a final judgement. I can really see it going either way from this point still, but I'm remaining positive. I just don't want it too look cheaply finished when all is said and done. I don't care if it is, I just care what it looks like.

Looks Cheap + Was Cheap = You Get What You pay For

Looks Nice + Was Expensive = Gotta Spend Money To Make Money

Looks Nice + Was Cheap = Great Value!

Back