News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

17th ave & 29th st sw

I don't have any idea what's being built here, but it's coming along nicely.
View attachment 176300
Apparently it's a yoga studio. I wish the three buildings to the north of it were redeveloped. Crescent Foods is gone from across from Diner Deluxe and it seems they were doing renos in that space.

Apparently it's a yoga studio. I wish the three buildings to the north of it were redeveloped. Crescent Foods is gone from across from Diner Deluxe and it seems they were doing renos in that space.
We really can't get our continuous street-walls figured out eh? With that said, the little node of retail in Renfrew is really taking shape with all the new condos the past decade. Just need to figure out the walkability and pedestrian-focused retail part of the puzzle. Both Edmonton Trail and Centre Street south of 16th Ave have great density (existing and potential) and lots of old pedestrian-oriented retail but have yet to see any streetscape improvements or major, pedestrian-focused growth on the corridor itself.

These places could be more like 1st Street SW or 17th Ave but the transportation standards and development examples we have seen in the area can't seem to figure it out, despite some impressive growth.

I like those old buildings! They give the street a bit of character. Better than having a continuous glass wall façade with the same old retail outlets.

ie, Orange Fitness, Frilly Lily, Shawarma King and a Starbucks.

I'm glad they're renovating the brown building:

Horton Rd Tower?! I don't recall hearing anything about this. Immediately north of London... is this going on the car wash site or on the vacant land at the Macleod/Heritage intersection?

Yeah, never heard anything about this. Last I heard, Strategic had a big office development proposed there but it never happened.

This is the render of the failed project...
14jun13-HeritageStation.jpg

Back