News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.3K     0 

Weather and Gardening Discussion

Is there particular weather forecast that people look at? There were a bunch of articles about that Farmer's Almanac that is pretty much made up, and I know ECCC releases a forecast of the season just before it starts. I have some family visiting for Christmas (for the first time) so would prefer if it isn't -20..
Forecasts beyond about 5 days are useless in Calgary. Christimas will be somewhere between -35 and +20

I just keep an eye on the 14 day forecast on the weather network. If there is a cold snap and snow 10-11 days out, I start to plan to set aside about 1.5 hours that weekend to swap the tires on my car (the wife's SUV uses all weather tires, so no need to swap).

The 14 day weather forecast from the weather network has gotten markedly more reliable over the last few years, so I trust it generally within +/- 5° of what they’re saying.

The “Fall Outlook”, “Winter Outlook” etc that they release are also half decent indicators of the weather trend over the next three months. Can’t set your watch by it of course. Last winter they called for above average temps, which we did experience, but we also got the coldest 3-day period in 80 years during January, so yeah.

Back