6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Another land use change on 19th Street

Looks like this is a RNDSQR project:
1700262952341.png

1700262974155.png

We’re going to turn into Montreal with H-GO, that’s creating all those external stairs to unit entrances. I know this one isn’t actually H-GO, but without the commercial space it’s technically the form.
I think these are a bit different. Most of the new infills in this area have stairs so they have higher ceilings and a sunshine basement. Montreal units usually have external stairs to the second floor units (for apartments)

Crane going up on 6th Ave just west of 5th St SW, across from the court house. Not sure which project this might be for?

View attachment 521251
That would be the Hampton Inn under construction:

The results of the City Of Calgary’s Riverwalk West competition have been announced. The winning submission is by landscape architecture firm ground cubed and architecture firm HEREBY (with Jared Tailfeathers, Bunt, RJC and Martinson Golly). The competition shortlist included submissions from W Architecture, Dub, Hapa, Space2Place, Moda and Public City.

Images and project info (8th-14th st):
https://engage.calgary.ca/riverwalkwest

Proposed Concept

Promenade

4 Season Pool

Riparian Boardwalk

Amenity Pavilion

Grassland Bowl

New Creek

Surf Beach

The Season Pool looks interesting...is it actually going to be warmed up and used in the winter? In any case, even having it for the summer would be nice, the water park at Eau Claire got lots of use. I could see having the season pool warmed so as to extend into the shoulder seasons, say from early May to late October, or such.

1700413822679.png

The results of the City Of Calgary’s Riverwalk West competition have been announced. The winning submission is by landscape architecture firm ground cubed and architecture firm HEREBY (with Jared Tailfeathers, Bunt, RJC and Martinson Golly). The competition shortlist included submissions from W Architecture, Dub, Hapa, Space2Place, Moda and Public City.

Images and project info (8th-14th st):
https://engage.calgary.ca/riverwalkwest

Proposed Concept

Promenade

4 Season Pool

Riparian Boardwalk

Amenity Pavilion

Grassland Bowl

New Creek

Surf Beach
Ummm… wow. Holy man, I mean we’ll be lucky if we even get 20% of this grandeur, considering it’s just a concept. But still, very nice. Wow.

Back