News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Westman Village in Mahogany is actually pretty cool. I like it a lot. Too bad its only a small part of Mahogany, which is dystopian suburban houses. I wish they made it a lot bigger. Its got a nice vibe too it so far
at least it’s very close to Mahogany Station on the future Green Line. Will help having a semi-destination spot outside of downtown.

Another multi-family / mixed use along 24th Ave NW in Capitol Hill / Banff Trail. Drawings aren't posted, and the description leaves me a bit.... confused... 3 buildings on that parcel?

1666017372764.png

Nice profile on Truman Homes in the Herald. They've been turning out some high quality stuff. I really hope we see more mid-rise projects from them in the downtown area.

There's something going on here just north of 17th and west of 14th. Take the number 7 down 14th and thought I saw a drill on site the other day. Another ride by this morning confirmed it. Can't find anything on the DMAP but as you can see from the image below its ready for something to go in here.

View attachment 431082
5 storey apartment building called "The Cunningham" - by Brava I believe

Found it really weird there is nothing on DMAP, no noticed posted, nothing - but construction is fully underway.

I noticed a proposed land use change for the site where Julio's Barrio used to be. I think this may have been brought up before, but I can't recall the details. anyhow it looks like they want to change it to residential as well as boosting the height limit from 13m to 30m.

1666107771330.png

I noticed a proposed land use change for the site where Julio's Barrio used to be. I think this may have been brought up before, but I can't recall the details. anyhow it looks like they want to change it to residential as well as boosting the height limit from 13m to 30m.

View attachment 433287

Look at the note below your red box - it's just to align the zoning with the as-built building. Probably will make future change-of-use applications easier as the CRUs turn over.

Kind of surprised a chain restaurant like Cactus Club hasn't taken that space.
I'd argue it's not an ideal location for Cactus Club. It's on the corner of a busy street. When it comes to their central locations, Cactus Club tends to aim for that perfect quiet and beautiful spot in the heart of the action. They're too good for that corner. Probably wouldn't be enough demand anyway in that area.

Back