News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Look at the note below your red box - it's just to align the zoning with the as-built building. Probably will make future change-of-use applications easier as the CRUs turn over.
I thought maybe they were looking at tearing the resto portion down and building residential suites in that spot, or building residential with commercial at base. I suppose they would have that option if the land use gets approved.

I'd argue it's not an ideal location for Cactus Club. It's on the corner of a busy street. When it comes to their central locations, Cactus Club tends to aim for that perfect quiet and beautiful spot in the heart of the action. They're too good for that corner. Probably wouldn't be enough demand anyway in that area.
Seems like the perfect spot for a restaurant / lounge. Facing south so the patio can be used longer, prominent street corner with great visibility. Cactus club was just one that came to mind, could be a National, Earl's, Joey's, OJs.... All that being said, I do love the brew pub idea, that's more my jam!

This plot has been sitting vacant for at least 30 years best I can tell, TOD if you count the green line / bus station directly north of 114. No documents on DMAP yet but will keep an eye on it!

Capture.PNG

Well ... one month sales does not necessarily make a trend. All I know is that a unit in my building, that was recently featured in the Globe & Mail real estate section sold for about $20 K less than asking and was on the market a couple of months. The selling price is about $150,000 less than what the 2 BD condo would have sold brand new for in 2007. So, I don't think the condo market, at least in the core, is coming back with a roar.

Well ... one month sales does not necessarily make a trend. All I know is that a unit in my building, that was recently featured in the Globe & Mail real estate section sold for about $20 K less than asking and was on the market a couple of months. The selling price is about $150,000 less than what the 2 BD condo would have sold brand new for in 2007. So, I don't think the condo market, at least in the core, is coming back with a roar.
I think new condos are more in demand than older ones. New ones come with low condo fees, while older ones usually have very high fees

Back