News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

A pretty significant land use redesignation application has been submitted by O2 Planning and Design in Mount Pleasant, along 16th and 17th Ave NW at 2nd Street. No details really discernable yet, other than a direct control based upon the MU-1 district:
I'm genuinely a little impressed by how much land they snapped up. That could make for an interesting development.

Although I will be sad to see that Vietnamese restaurant go.

A pretty significant land use redesignation application has been submitted by O2 Planning and Design in Mount Pleasant, along 16th and 17th Ave NW at 2nd Street. No details really discernable yet, other than a direct control based upon the MU-1 district:
Nice that there is another multi family proposal for the North Hill, but sucks that it would involve losing Van Son, my go to Vietnamese place.

The redevelopment of the Varsity Fire Station (along 32nd Ave NW) is going to CPC next week. The DP drawings are here, but don't offer much in terms of renderings:
1627779702567.png

The design brief gives a bit more detail, including showing the previous design and what it has changed to:
1627779776622.png

1627779815659.png

Another land use along 19th Street NW, adjacent to Eagle Crest Construction's projects, is going to CPC next week. Asking for a mixed use district with an FAR of 3.3 and height of 19m:
No DP, but there is a site plan concept:
View attachment 338447

This one excites me. This could be be the catalyst that gets 19th towards the next level. 19+2 will help, but having two of these in a row opposite to the exiting buildings should be enough to give that feel of a retail corridor.

The Bow is being sold:

Sounds like H&R REIT is retaining ownership of adjacent lands, so I assume the parcel along 7th Ave. Too bad, maybe a new owner would have been able to finally do something with that piece of land.

The Bow is being sold:

Sounds like H&R REIT is retaining ownership of adjacent lands, so I assume the parcel along 7th Ave. Too bad, maybe a new owner would have been able to finally do something with that piece of land.

I bet we don't see the Bow south parcel developed for another decade. Wonder if the new owners will finally fix the missing panels on the SE corner.

In my fantasy they create a visitor viewing area at the top.

I bet we don't see the Bow south parcel developed for another decade. Wonder if the new owners will finally fix the missing panels on the SE corner.

In my fantasy they create a visitor viewing area at the top.
This would be something that they could charge a small sum for and create new revenue streams.

Back