News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

I don't love the parking myself, but side parking with entrance off 10th street is better than street front parking or even side parking with the driveway off 17th, like the ATB across the street. This seems like it's a pretty small project as these go; the rooftop patio is a nice addition but otherwise it's a repaint/reno of the existing former Tim's there, so I don't expect it to transform the whole street. There are at least four worse parking lots from an urban design standpoint within 150m of this site.

And glad to see the proposal for intensification of the KFC site; that was a business on the fast lane to collapse the second a Popeye's opened up next door. Like trying to chat up a woman at the bar and then Chris Hemsworth walks in; save yourself the effort and call it a night.

I don't love the parking myself, but side parking with entrance off 10th street is better than street front parking or even side parking with the driveway off 17th, like the ATB across the street. This seems like it's a pretty small project as these go; the rooftop patio is a nice addition but otherwise it's a repaint/reno of the existing former Tim's there, so I don't expect it to transform the whole street. There are at least four worse parking lots from an urban design standpoint within 150m of this site.

And glad to see the proposal for intensification of the KFC site; that was a business on the fast lane to collapse the second a Popeye's opened up next door. Like trying to chat up a woman at the bar and then Chris Hemsworth walks in; save yourself the effort and call it a night.
LOL, why you gotta do Kentucky like that😆 Can't believe Calgary hasn't got Church's Chicken yet doe

Has this Project been Brought up yet? I found it while trying to dig for information on some older projects. If not its a nice little filler for 17th Ave SW. The developer is Certus Developments, the same guys that had the Tigerstedt Block on Centre Street. This one is called 1103 17TH Avenue, sitting on the corner of 17th and 10th But I'm not sure how old it is or how long its been sitting, but it's definitely an upgrade over what is currently there. Looks like the building has 2 different execution options, one with a single story and one with 2.

View attachment 295654View attachment 295656View attachment 295655

View attachment 295657
View attachment 295658

I definitely prefer option 1, having the patio overlooking 17th ave, adds to the street vibe. I don't care for the street parking, but I can live with it. I'm happy to see Certus is behind it, they have a proven track record.

Maybe they can do a temporary patio in the summer and cover the parking when the patio is useful and go back to parking in the winter when the patio isn’t even open, and people are more likely to drive to the restaurant.

Sort of like the temporary patio platforms Wine Bar and Hayden Block use in Kensington.

Anyone seen or heard about this? New proposal for the Inglewood Brewery district coming in 2021.

That is part of the former SoBo project. The greater SoBo proposal also included the parcel next to Pearce Estate Park with the 2 condo buildings.

Great site, especially if Bend in the Bow park ever happens, but can't see the market being favorable for a very long time.

That is part of the former SoBo project. The greater SoBo proposal also included the parcel next to Pearce Estate Park with the 2 condo buildings.

Great site, especially if Bend in the Bow park ever happens, but can't see the market being favorable for a very long time.
Pretty solid project team - including FAAS and Civicworks.

I hope to see this proceed before Westbrook - it has the potential to be a catalyst project for the City if executed well.

Reactions: AJX

The guy behind Matco Group is Ron Mathison. He is also the founder and chairman of CalFrac Well Services. CalFrac is in deep trouble right now and is probably where the focus has been with the management team.

This looks more like the Brewery site, SoBow is about 1km east of this. Unless this is 2 separate parcels.

The guy behind Matco Group is Ron Mathison. He is also the founder and chairman of CalFrac Well Services. CalFrac is in deep trouble right now and is probably where the focus has been with the management team.
Matco also owns part of Eigth Avenue Place. Can't see that asset performing all that well

Back