News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Affordable homes project proposed for SW (96 Units)

217211-truman-wd-block2-cam002_dark-1.jpg
217211-truman-wd-block2-cam004_dark-e1581445402992.jpg

Wow! Well-designed affordable housing.... in Calgary?!?! Frig, the devil must be lacing up his skates about now! ?

Will be nice to see that parking lot go away.
Totally! That's the one lot I used to look at and think, 'what a shame' This could be a real game changer for Marda Loop. Not that it needs a push, it's already doing well these days, but having a full on grocery store would change things up.

Looks like COOP is looking to partner up with someone to bring an urban format grocery store to Marda Loop. in this location. This is great news for the neighborhood, lots of possibilities.

View attachment 230831

Oh thank god! That is one site I had just resigned to the fate of being a stripmall for the foreseeable future. This is great news.

Oh thank god! That is one site I had just resigned to the fate of being a stripmall for the foreseeable future. This is great news.
Quarry Bay Investments (formerly Lake Placid) was supposed to be their partner in developing the other locations. I wonder if they are not happy with how slowly the other projects are moving along or not at all.

I do question its viability given how close they are to the Garrison Woods Safeway, but I am thrilled to hear about it. They wouldn't have made this investment if they didn't see potential viability.

I do question its viability given how close they are to the Garrison Woods Safeway, but I am thrilled to hear about it. They wouldn't have made this investment if they didn't see potential viability.
I totally forgot about the Garrison Woods Safeway. One thing is the Garrison woods Safeway is busy.

Back