News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

This sign went up on the empty lot at 33 Ave and 21 St SW (where the restaurant burned down a while ago).

View attachment 151417

Really impressed with the amount of infill in inner-city areas like Marda Loop. Quality lowrise/midrise across inner-city Calgary is more important for livability than focusing on just a couple highrise neighborhoods, even though Beltline's growth continues to be remarkable.

Oh dang that's pretty nice! The height of the ground floor will make that a really cool space. Hopefully a couple of shops and a restaurant go in there.

It's the stupidest news item out there. Every year the media outlets make themselves look stupid, by reporting on it as if it's big news, even though anyone with half a brain knows the survey is a joke.

Do they use a bingo ball cage or is it paper slips in a hat?
https://globalnews.ca/news/4350698/top-3-calgary-neighbourhoods-2018-avenue-magazine/
In the interview she breaks down their process( really bad process IMO). My neighbourhood got rated beyond 100 and we have access to an LRT station, relatively higher density, streets are always flooded in the evenings with people strolling and kids playing in the summer, plenty of parks/schools, and ethnic restaurants nearby...so I think their method for rankings was pretty pathetic:rolleyes:. But there's plenty of others on that list I can think of that should be right up there in top 10 including East village.

Strong absorption of apartment units over the last two years. One of the reasons high rise towers keep getting built.

DjZXEU8U0AEVvtJ.jpg

Attachments

• DjZXEU8U0AEVvtJ.jpg
    DjZXEU8U0AEVvtJ.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 717

Back