News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

This might be a new low
This city really needs less input from residents in all honesty. I am glad this never got public consultation earlier.

This might be a new low
I cycle past that area a fair bit, and there are very few if any cars parked along 7th ave, so parking probably won't be an issue. There is plenty of parking in other areas around the neighborhood, and traffic shouldn't be an issue either. Some of the people will arrive on bikes, and those who arrive by car will enter the neighborhood and park. Even though the pump track will get good use, it won't be much volume.

The idea of the pump track is awesome, I've seen the one up by Glenmore, and it's always in good use.

No question, it is both a heritage building and a great structure. The problem is it is kind of on it's own. There is no residential (other than senior living) nearby and East Village is several blocks away. Yes, the Delta hotel is a couple of blocks away but that is about it. It would have to be a destination for people both during the day and the evening.
There’s actually three residential buildings within a block of it, and the Delta is only a block away as well.

Residential within 3 (or 3.5) blocks - Telus Sky, Rocky Mountain Court, Carter Place, 122 3 Avenue SW, Element on First

Hotels within 3 blocks - Delta, Hyatt, Marriott

Institutions - Harry Hays Federal Building, Bow Valley College, SAIT School of Digital Technology, Telus Convention Centre, City Hall…

not to mention the insane amount of offices. I think it will do fine.

Today's density moment.

y8uAspH.jpg

2y4E9CY.jpg

Back