News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Does accessory food services include a pub or cafe?
No. Those would be discretionary use: Restaurant: Neighbourhood;

They would be able to use 150 sq m of the 180 sq m or so as customer accessible space. And the pub would have to allow minors at all hours.

If they wanted to restrict minors, they'd need to do Drinking Establishment – Small; and they'd only be allowed to have 75 sq m accessible to the public.

Otherwise a land use change would be needed I think?

Last edited:
Corbella is taking on the Development Department at City Hall now it seems. I think she is a bit dramatic and kind of full of it, as I have said, but hope she can enact positive change in what is a very onerous bureaucracy to deal with.

Oh okay, thanks. A Convenience Food Store would work nicely in that spot.

For those that don't know, here's the history of that building.
https://www.calgary.ca/content/www/...calgary-resources.html.html?dhcResourceId=818

East%20Sunnyside%20Grocery.JPG

Wondering if anyone knows what’s going into this building in Sunnyside? It’s s cool little space.

View attachment 316095
Yeah it's an awesome little building! It would honestly be a great spot for any number of things. Although it's pretty much been sitting empty for over a year.

Oh okay, thanks. A Convenience Food Store would work nicely in that spot.
I used to live on 5A, and there used to be a convenience store. Not sure what happened to them, but went to pick up something one day and they were closed. The renovations they did look good though! Hopefully something great lands there and holds.

She really is a piece of work! I’m so annoyed with her! She whipped up everyone into a frenzy and has distorted the facts that she did have and left out other facts altogether. But the average Joe or Josephine doesn’t fully understand planning matters (and it appears that she doesn’t either) so she relied on that ignorance to get everyone upset.
I get annoyed even seeing her name pop up. She seems to have gotten worse over the years.

Well, some confidence (hope) that the Stampede will be happening this year, Wildhorse Saloon has applied for their DP for their tent:
I would like to be optimistic that we will have some form of Stampede even if it is delayed until later in the summer. I think the full-on version (championship rodeo, midway, trade show exhibitors) we are used to is highly unlikely though. We are two months away from the traditional first week of July start. All those bookings and commitments would have to have been made by now. I know the midway contractor (Conklin still?) plans a western Canadian tour with the Stampede just one of the stops. The decisions and logistic arrangements right across Canada that would have to be made between now and then, are monumental. This is why, the next year's Stampede planning literally starts right after the last one. Way too much uncertainty right now ... very unfortunate for any summer events. 😞

Back