News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Did anyone else know that they are using pieces of the old Inglewood Bridge in the new Mills Park? And they are preserving the bridge arch for incorporation into a future project! Friggin dope! I love living in the future where we make good choices mostly.

Speaking of the Inglewood Bridge, the footings look to be just about ready...

64727F7F-FF3A-42F5-85BC-2265224E2FFB.jpeg
57F10092-E8F9-4E99-A802-D8D9A8FC88BF.jpeg
9679B417-40BA-4E48-84E1-80147682E5B9.jpeg

A land use application in Glendale goes to CPC next week, for 5 houses along the south side of 17th Ave SW (4919 - 4935 17th Ave SW). Going from R-C1 to M-C1. This is just across the street and a block west from the 45th Street C-Train station. A few years ago, someone tried to upzone this to M-H1 I believe (6 stories) and was shot down by the community, and subsequently, the City.

Now, looks like whoever picked the parcel up is going for a more modest increase. 14m high, max 47 units:

A concept plan has been submitted along with the land use:
1590780545799.png

1590780577269.png

A land use application in Glendale goes to CPC next week, for 5 houses along the south side of 17th Ave SW (4919 - 4935 17th Ave SW). Going from R-C1 to M-C1. This is just across the street and a block west from the 45th Street C-Train station. A few years ago, someone tried to upzone this to M-H1 I believe (6 stories) and was shot down by the community, and subsequently, the City.

Now, looks like whoever picked the parcel up is going for a more modest increase. 14m high, max 47 units:

A concept plan has been submitted along with the land use:
View attachment 248506
View attachment 248507
Great to see. The city will be quietly be transformed with dozens of these low-rise multi-family buildings: affordable, often easier to build v. towers, and provide substantial boost to density/housing choice in areas that struggle to add much apart from the occasional townhome. My only critique is a even-more-wild-than-usual contextual setback: we've condemned the future owners to slightly higher condo maintain fees forever due regulating in what is destined to be a very poorly utilized lawn.

Interesting, I take it the mixed use development would incorporate the fire station. Hopefully no plans in demolishing it or anything like that.
An RFQ for the Glenbow Museum expansion (Prime Consultant-Architect of Record) was released yesterday. Also, an RFP for land purchase with the provision of a mixed use development +Fire Station in Inglewood was released yesterday as well.

I would expect something like the tower on 8st and 4Ave SW that incorporates the fire station.

For the Glenbow, is it a renovation of the existing building, or a new building? Would love to see a museum on the lot south of the Bow like was originally proposed many years ago lol.

Back