News   Oct 18, 2019
 58     0 
News   Oct 17, 2019
 254     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

Just build it

Member Bio
Reaction score
I believe the rendering makes the project look bigger than it is. The building is replacing only two houses, not a very big lot. It’ll end up looking taller and thinner than it does in a rendering, and with 20 units (4 per floor) I suppose that’s about what you could expect for a lot that size.

It’s great to see these kind of projects filling up the north central area.

JonnyCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score

zagox

Member Bio
Reaction score
Really excited about this. Sunnyside Station is one of the few in the whole city that feels connected to the centre of the community rather than at the edge in some horrible traffic median or unsightly ditch. This is going to take that connectivity to a whole new level. I am going to continue investing in this area as I see a lot of upside over the next 5-10 years.

CBBarnett

Member Bio
Reaction score
Really excited about this. Sunnyside Station is one of the few in the whole city that feels connected to the centre of the community rather than at the edge in some horrible traffic median or unsightly ditch. This is going to take that connectivity to a whole new level. I am going to continue investing in this area as I see a lot of upside over the next 5-10 years.
It's hard to see a future where Sunnyside-Hillhurst doesn't maintain a great location advantage due to the connectivity it has with the city centre, pathway network and the big institutions of SAIT and U of C. There are few competitors neighbourhoods - none currently and few likely to evolve - in the northwest for a transit/pedestrian friendly mid-density high street neighbourhood. Perhaps one day University District will become a similar place, but that's a long way off (and with much worse transit connectivity).

outoftheice

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has anything been posted about this development before?

"Local developer Jemm Properties and Zeidler Partnership Architects are in the pre-application phase of transforming the under-utilized site at 950 McPherson Square NE — near the CTrain’s Bridgelan/Memorial Station — into a mixed-use redevelopment with a height of up to 164 ft."

https://dailyhive.com/calgary/950-mcpherson-square-ne-calgary

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yeah I believe it has its own thread. Though it's good to see that it's moving forward.