News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Urban Development and Proposals Discussion

I had promise. I like some aspects of the new EV design, but also liked some aspects of this older one. I kind of think the water spaces they have now are useless to be honest. This type of water space although more expensive would have given the opportunity to have buildings and shops, restos etc, to be along the water and make it more of a destination.
Makes me miss the Abgov Kaspar East Village masterplan. Give me canals, or give me death! View attachment 173800
View attachment 173801

The DP for Trico's redevelopment of the Kingsland Farmers Market goes to CPC next week. DP drawings here:

It's too bad this wasn't for the Staples and Home Depot across from Chinook, but this is still good. A better use than the previous idea for a market. The downside is that the connection to any of the other 4 corners of the intersection is 100% pedestrian unfriendly. Perhaps a pedestrian overpass could be built. Three buildings up to 26m, 70m and 90m is some good density. I can't imagine too much opposition to this.

You wouldn't expect opposition, but nothing would surprise me.

It's too bad this wasn't for the Staples and Home Depot across from Chinook, but this is still good. A better use than the previous idea for a market. The downside is that the connection to any of the other 4 corners of the intersection is 100% pedestrian unfriendly. Perhaps a pedestrian overpass could be built. Three buildings up to 26m, 70m and 90m is some good density. I can't imagine too much opposition to this.

Recent article about 3 new schools opening, while an inner city school is considered for closure.

I'm not against new schools being built, as realistically the city is growing, and new schools will be needed. It's a shame that we'll be spending $45 Million for 3 new schools while one closes.

I don't recall this being mentioned before, but CO-OP is looking at putting in a grocery store in the east end of the Beltline.
Great news - their old location at 11th and 1st SE would be a nice location for this, although I wouldn't be surprised to see something further east in Victoria Park given the amount of capital about to flow into that area.

Misson Area could use some help with only that Safeway there that most people don't seem to like. Although, I am not sure where the COOP would go.

Unless I’m mistaken, Curtis block was to have space for a small-medium grocer. That would be a great spot for a small urban co-op. Even if it is across the street from Sunterra.

Back