News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Roads, Highways & Infrastructure

Looks like Apple Maps has updated their satellite imagery of the city and the 3D view should some pretty neat views of the SW Ring Road construction, and Google Maps has also updated their map showing the completion of the now opened segment of the SW the road.

West Ring Road construction from my flight in today.

IMG_20201006_123130.jpg
IMG_20201006_123118.jpg

The amount of Earth they have moved is f*cking crazy. Those are great shots, thanks.

The amount of Earth they have moved is f*cking crazy. Those are great shots, thanks.
Yeah pretty incredible. I can't imagine all that earth was reused down hill for this project... Wonder where most of it has ended up?

Also thanks - I recently got a new phone with a zoom lens. Got some really awesome shots from my flight out to Vancouver Island.

Yeah pretty incredible. I can't imagine all that earth was reused down hill for this project... Wonder where most of it has ended up?

Also thanks - I recently got a new phone with a zoom lens. Got some really awesome shots from my flight out to Vancouver Island.
I’m pretty sure AB Transportation owns land just north of Hwy 1 and Hwy 22. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it ended up there until they do work on the Hwy 1A and Hwy 22 interchange in Cochrane (and later down the road on an interchange upgrade at Hwy 1 and Hwy 22).

I’m pretty sure AB Transportation owns land just north of Hwy 1 and Hwy 22. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it ended up there until they do work on the Hwy 1A and Hwy 22 interchange in Cochrane (and later down the road on an interchange upgrade at Hwy 1 and Hwy 22).
Any excess soil may also be useful for the Springbank Reservoir.

I thought it was even more than that. Even still, very impressive, especially considering it's not just dirt... they're blasting the hell out of some sandstone.

So about 6 months ago the city redesigned the intersection at 24th ave nw and crowchild. Man did they ever blow it. You now have to sit at a red light to turn onto crowchild north and its caused traffic jams all the way down 24th. Really, really terrible design. Especially considering they're adding an extra lane all the way from 24th to Charleswood dr.

Anyways it looks like some of the locals in Banff Trail have had enough
20210202_161606.jpg
20210202_161558.jpg

Sounds like a timing issue more than anything if it is backing up especially during covid. That two lane turn should have more than enough capacity to clear.

Back