News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 873     0 

Roads, Highways & Infrastructure

people.talking

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looks like Apple Maps has updated their satellite imagery of the city and the 3D view should some pretty neat views of the SW Ring Road construction, and Google Maps has also updated their map showing the completion of the now opened segment of the SW the road.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
The amount of Earth they have moved is f*cking crazy. Those are great shots, thanks.

googspecial

Member Bio
Reaction score
The amount of Earth they have moved is f*cking crazy. Those are great shots, thanks.
Yeah pretty incredible. I can't imagine all that earth was reused down hill for this project... Wonder where most of it has ended up?

Also thanks - I recently got a new phone with a zoom lens. Got some really awesome shots from my flight out to Vancouver Island.

adamyyc

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yeah pretty incredible. I can't imagine all that earth was reused down hill for this project... Wonder where most of it has ended up?

Also thanks - I recently got a new phone with a zoom lens. Got some really awesome shots from my flight out to Vancouver Island.
I’m pretty sure AB Transportation owns land just north of Hwy 1 and Hwy 22. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it ended up there until they do work on the Hwy 1A and Hwy 22 interchange in Cochrane (and later down the road on an interchange upgrade at Hwy 1 and Hwy 22).

adamyyc

Member Bio
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure AB Transportation owns land just north of Hwy 1 and Hwy 22. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it ended up there until they do work on the Hwy 1A and Hwy 22 interchange in Cochrane (and later down the road on an interchange upgrade at Hwy 1 and Hwy 22).
Any excess soil may also be useful for the Springbank Reservoir.

UrbanWarrior

Member Bio
Reaction score
I thought it was even more than that. Even still, very impressive, especially considering it's not just dirt... they're blasting the hell out of some sandstone.

potatopizzafan

Member Bio
Reaction score