News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Just wondering, but is there a reason to orient the development diagonally? Is it intended to reduce traffic speed within? I feel like it leaves a lot on unusable blocks and as a pedestrian, I always found it easier walking within a grid block. Curious what the benefits are.

Just wondering, but is there a reason to orient the development diagonally? Is it intended to reduce traffic speed within? I feel like it leaves a lot on unusable blocks and as a pedestrian, I always found it easier walking within a grid block. Curious what the benefits are.
No, there’s no good reason. It’s less efficient in terms of both development potential and parking layout. The existing condo and retail buildings are oriented at that 45 degree angle so they are pretty much stuck with it if they want to redevelop the property.

From Ali McMillan Twitter https://twitter.com/mcmillan_ali Flyover park update.

EhvIRgCU8AAIXie.jpg

The 5 houses along 11th Ave and 5th St SE have been fenced off and are in the process of being torn down. I don't see anything proposed for these lots so unfortunately I expect that they will become surface parking for at least the next few years.

20200913_190509_resized.jpg20200913_190513_resized.jpg

Wow. The last remaining stretch of old Victoria Park. I guess they needed to free up more space for parking, given the huge shortage of spots in this neighbourhood.
As part of the work of CMLC, entire blocks need to be raised to be above the 100 year flood fringe just like what they did when they built up the east village. Remington owns that area right? I bet there is a complicated scheme to have the lots prepared for development at the CRL's expense.

Oh wow that's awesome! That's the one at 24th and 5th?

Back