News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Your kind, perhaps one day. Bad news though: unfortunately I think you'd actually need 11 of me to make this scheme work smoothly (1 leading planning, 1 leading transportation, 1 leading land/real estate, 8 members of Council).

Of course the problem there is to get that senior in any of those fields you risk field-specific biases and incentives being baked in - Transportation CBBarnett only gets rewarded from preserving right-of-way, Real Estate CBBarnett gets rewarded for selling more land, 8 Councillor CBBarnetts want to get re-elected and get suspicious when our constituent's roads are impacted. Hell, by that point I'm sure a few of us will have been corrupted by the sprawl development argument that it creates tons of jobs, is somehow cheaper for taxpayers despite the evidence, and we'd be stupid to undertake any plan that improves our land productivity rate!

But I'll do what I can. Proposing ideas on this site to the smart people that hang out here is part of the multi-faceted strategy to help get this city sorted out 👍

Good to see you're secretly jaded like the rest of us! :)

Project on 17th ave north. Not the greatest but pretty okay. It's at least nice that 17th ave north is becoming a node of mid rise buildings. Hopefully this trend continues.
20200905_160938.jpg
20200905_160931.jpg

I think it's an improvement. If only they could get rid of that 80's mirrored glass and install something more transparent.
The office building being converted to a hotel (I think..) on 4th Avenue has had its construction fencing come down:
View attachment 268761

For reference, this is what it looked like before:
View attachment 268762

The office building being converted to a hotel (I think..) on 4th Avenue has had its construction fencing come down:
View attachment 268761

For reference, this is what it looked like before:
View attachment 268762
Wow, that looks much better at street level, with some softscaping and planters that is a nice 1st floor now. Good job whoever worked on this one.

I missed this post from a few years back. I take it nothing has been happening with this? Too bad, it would be a nice density boost for the area.
So here is the concept for the Southland Crossing TOD plans:
View attachment 111393
Pretty big density increase. Not a bad adaptation of what is there in my opinion. Here is the site plan:
View attachment 111394
upload_2017-6-10_9-28-58.png
upload_2017-6-10_9-30-19.png

Back