News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

I think that lot has an expansion of the continuing care centre planned for it, doesn't it?

I’m confused. Is the Riverside Care Center a new build or an expansion of what is currently there. Looking at the map renderings in your link and google earth, it appears there is already a building on that spot that this one is going on. Curious if they are demolishing the current building or expanding it. I also noticed that there would be one long vertical lot left immediately to the east of radius/dominion and to the west of this care center.

Not sure about the care centre but that long vertical lot you're referring to is planned for multi-family residential and is the final piece of land in The Bridges redevelopment. Not sure if it's still owned by the City of Calgary or has already been sold to a private developer. It's a bit of a shame there wasn't a bit more depth to that parcel as I don't know just how large of a multi-family building it could support unless there was a big relaxation on parking requirements.

I’m confused. Is the Riverside Care Center a new build or an expansion of what is currently there. Looking at the map renderings in your link and google earth, it appears there is already a building on that spot that this one is going on. Curious if they are demolishing the current building or expanding it. I also noticed that there would be one long vertical lot left immediately to the east of radius/dominion and to the west of this care center.
The building in the google maps is gone now. They demolished it not too long ago, and the new facility was to start construction sometime around now or early summer. Not sure if that's been delayed now.

Ohhh I see. I thought it was an expansion. That's good at least. That building could use a redo.

When did the crane happen?

D86F2E2A-17A4-45B6-817A-A00E1404010A.jpeg

It's so nice to see a crane in the commercial core again. This will probably be the last we see in that area for the next few years.

Which thank god.

Back