News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

I would have gone with the pure white for the entire building. If they really wanted, I would have done pure white with some jet black stripes as opposed to grey with white stripes.

Site of the old violin house on 16th ave has a land use sign up, I think goes from the lot of the violin makers house to 1st street. Not sure if it is a new sign or not but I just noticed it last week I think.

Site of the old violin house on 16th ave has a land use sign up, I think goes from the lot of the violin makers house to 1st street. Not sure if it is a new sign or not but I just noticed it last week I think.
Looks like they're swinging for the fences on this one. Probably looking to leverage the future Green Line.

This application proposes to change the designation of these properties to allow for:
  • mixed-use buildings (e.g. commercial store fronts with apartments above)
  • a maximum building height of 100 metres, about 29 to 32 storeys (an increase from the current maximum of 46 metres)
  • a maximum building floor area of 36,910 square metres (an increase from the current maximum of 22,146 square metres), based on a building floor to parcel area ratio (FAR) of 10
  • the uses listed in the proposed Mixed Use - Active Frontage (MU-2) District.

Looks like they're swinging for the fences on this one. Probably looking to leverage the future Green Line.

This application proposes to change the designation of these properties to allow for:
  • mixed-use buildings (e.g. commercial store fronts with apartments above)
  • a maximum building height of 100 metres, about 29 to 32 storeys (an increase from the current maximum of 46 metres)
  • a maximum building floor area of 36,910 square metres (an increase from the current maximum of 22,146 square metres), based on a building floor to parcel area ratio (FAR) of 10
  • the uses listed in the proposed Mixed Use - Active Frontage (MU-2) District.
Hope this goes through.

The lot immediately east of Steps in Bridgeland has construction fencing up and site clearing going with a back-ho as of this morning. I've heard the project is supposed to be rental but no idea the name of the project or it's design. Either way item exciting as I think this is the last lot for the Bridges phase 2.

Last edited:
Another high rise, with retail, going up in Bridgeland? ?

If I'm correct, when Steps, General Block, Dominion, and The Bridge all finish construction in the next year or so, "The Bridges" will be the first master planned/high density inner city community that will have been fully complete and built out. Areas like East Village, West District, Currie Barracks, Garrison green, will all have a long ways to go before they are complete.

Back