News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

It would make sense for both of them to get underway over the next year or two, as when they are complete the Green Line would only be a year or two away from opening. The one mentioned on this page could even be built to connect directly into Centre Street South Station.

How many rental units do we have UC and recently completed in the inner city right now?

West Village by Cidex - 575 units (Not sure what this number is going to be, as it looks like only the one tower being built) I believe the 575 was supposed to be for the first two towers.
The Hat by Cidex - 200
The Hat 7th Ave - 77
Telus Sky by Westbank- 325
Underwood Tower by Western Securities - 225
The Point by Intergulf - 369
Marriott Residences by GWL - 303
One by Strategic Group - 379
500 Block South by Hines Mgmt - 463
Redstone - 137
Curtis Block - 628
Dominion - 150

Last edited:
Just a forum issue I remembered. Is there someone to oversee the "Map" link? There are so many projects that need to have their status updated. Many are still showing under construction. Would be nice to get a more accurate picture on the map of whats under construction, pre construction, or completed. Thanks!

Just a forum issue I remembered. Is there someone to oversee the "Map" link? There are so many projects that need to have their status updated. Many are still showing under construction. Would be nice to get a more accurate picture on the map of whats under construction, pre construction, or completed. Thanks!
I'll take a look at it. If I can't update it, I'll pass it on the the administrators.

West Village by Cidex - 575 units (Not sure what this number is going to be, as it looks like only the one tower being built) I believe the 575 was supposed to be for the first two towers.
The Hat by Cidex - 200
The Hat 7th Ave - 77
Redstone - 137
Curtis Block - 628
Dominion - 150

That is amazing. Nearly 4000 units UC or completed in the last two months. Also, I would put the number of units for West Village One at 345 (60% of 575).

Is Archer by Truman to be rentals or condos? Also the Riverwalk Seniors residence, what would that be considered?

Last edited:
Well, I finally gave up on the "other" tall building forum...the construction conversation was just getting down right weird. Only reason I stayed over there was for the building diagrams showing tallest to smallest...on a city basis / country basis, or world basis.
I hope to get back to long bike rides across this great city taking construction update photos to contribute here. Currently, looking forward to watching 11th and 11th go up, the speed of West Village, and future East Village development.

While I'm here....(sorry if its been asked already) anyone know what's going on with those last few stories on Telus...seems to have no progress these last few months.

Welcome aboard, I look forward to your posts Littlechilds. I hung in at the other site for quite a while before finally making the move. I wish I had done it sooner.
Well, I finally gave up on the "other" tall building forum...the construction conversation was just getting down right weird. Only reason I stayed over there was for the building diagrams showing tallest to smallest...on a city basis / country basis, or world basis.
I hope to get back to long bike rides across this great city taking construction update photos to contribute here. Currently, looking forward to watching 11th and 11th go up, the speed of West Village, and future East Village development.

While I'm here....(sorry if its been asked already) anyone know what's going on with those last few stories on Telus...seems to have no progress these last few months.

Not very much progress on Telus sky, but they are still working on it. They've got a smaller crew working up there. My guess is the smaller crew and the non standard design of the last two floors is making it slow. Definitely are still working on it though.

That is amazing. Nearly 4000 units UC or completed in the last two months. Also, I would put the number of units for West Village One at 345 (60% of 575).

Is Archer by Truman to be rentals or condos? Also the Riverwalk Seniors residence, what would that be considered?
4,000 is very strong number, considering that's only for the core, and considering the economy.

The Hat by Cidex - 200
The Hat 7th Ave - 77
Redstone - 137
Curtis Block - 628
Dominion - 150
You know whats real hype about this, I just counted all the projects on this list in the Beltline then also added Cube, Park Point and The Royal as they were not added in the last census in 2018. Once completed, if ideally all these projects are at 100% occupancy then the Beltline will finally hit 10 000 people/sq.km. That would be really amazing if we finally break that threshold especially considering the Stampede grounds take up a large part of the neighbourhood. On top of that, we have a couple proposals floating around like The Hat(elbow River) that will likely be U/C within 2 years. I can see the Beltline becoming a hotspot within the next 5 years! Oh and we should also consider the fact that if an arena moves ahead with the entertainment district, we'll see another mini- highrise boom in Victoria Park like we saw in EV.:D

Oh right and we forgot about Barron.

Park Point and the Royal are not rental, as the discussion was about rental. But Barron and Cube put this number basically right at 4000, and not even including condo projects. That's dope. Beltline is already at 10 000/km2 as of like a year or two ago. Without Stampede, the Beltline is 2.2 square km, with 25 000 people, that comes out to a density of 11 363/km2. ? With Stampede, it's 2.9 km2 with 25 000 people, working out to over 8 600/km2. With all the projects underway and recently completed (around 5000 units condo/rental combined), we will easily be hitting 15 000/km2 in the Stampede-excluded area within a few years, and even as high as 11 000/km2 in the total area.

Last edited:

Back