News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

5 lot assembly. At 600 or more each that adds up quick but they did get 24 approved. You can buy multi family lots in calgary right now for as low as 650 for a 50 ft site. Perhaps less, and often way more.

Oh nevermind it is a five-lot assembly, that is completely reasonable then. I like your project by the way! Great to see PBR rowhomes, and I like the exterior materials you chose. Keep up the good work

14st 29ave sw

1548344128581.jpeg

Just saw a sign today for Minto Communities out here in Airdrie. Not sure what they will be building but they will be the first to develop west of 24th street and start heading up what will be the biggest hill in town. Not sure what to expect from them out here.

That is pretty nice! :) Thanks for the update.

The bottom section reminds me of the Maxwell Bates block in Mission. Very solid for a semi suburban development.
Its all about using the right building blocks: small scale, pedestrian-oriented development along streets that can (and will transition) are the nucleus the snow flake can build off of. Slowly - painfully slowly sometimes - these small projects are the real fabric that transitions a suburban place to a semi-urban or urban place with all the benefits that come with it. Solid addition to the area (100 more like this please).

Oh not bad at all for Macleod. I'd love to see a streetwall on Macleod between Glenmore and 34 Avenue being between 3 and 6 storeys, with setback towers of 10 to 50 storeys, the entire 30 blocks.

You know, with this recent push of a few MacLeod Trail low/mid-rises, that section north of 58th Avenue to the cemetery hill could become something. A few other nearby or related activities that provide a bit of evidence that the area is shifting to ...something... rather than exclusively just one of the worst car sewers we have ever produced.

• Chinook pedestrian bridge and 61st Avenue improvements
  • Manchester affordable housing developments (2005 - present, final tower going up now)
  • Manchester brewery cluster continues to expand (6 - 10 breweries depending on where you draw the lines). Really demonstrates a changing culture in the area during summer weekends vibe from a run-down industrial zone to something more interesting, vibrant, and bicycle/pedestrian-focused
  • $5.5M for a multi-use pathways connection from 17th Avenue across MacLeod Trail and into Highfield in the 2019-2022 budget
  • Recently completed mid-sized office at 39th Avenue and MacLeod
I won't declare Macleod Trail saved until non-peak street parking returns for the first time in 40 years, but there are some green shoots out there. A few more decades and we might be on to something there.

You know, with this recent push of a few MacLeod Trail low/mid-rises, that section north of 58th Avenue to the cemetery hill could become something. A few other nearby or related activities that provide a bit of evidence that the area is shifting to ...something... rather than exclusively just one of the worst car sewers we have ever produced.

• Chinook pedestrian bridge and 61st Avenue improvements
  • Manchester affordable housing developments (2005 - present, final tower going up now)
  • Manchester brewery cluster continues to expand (6 - 10 breweries depending on where you draw the lines). Really demonstrates a changing culture in the area during summer weekends vibe from a run-down industrial zone to something more interesting, vibrant, and bicycle/pedestrian-focused
  • $5.5M for a multi-use pathways connection from 17th Avenue across MacLeod Trail and into Highfield in the 2019-2022 budget
  • Recently completed mid-sized office at 39th Avenue and MacLeod
I won't declare Macleod Trail saved until non-peak street parking returns for the first time in 40 years, but there are some green shoots out there. A few more decades and we might be on to something there.

Don't forget the ugly Co-op condo on Misson Road!

Also, just add the Misson Road Redevelopment Plan as a nice link to Misson that I keep posting about and annoying this message board with!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...-spending-more-on-mission-road-plan-1.1155367

Back