News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Peace Bridge plaza looks nice. I was hoping to see a few more trees (along with some different varieties) being planted to give a nice green canopy feel in the summer and a variety of colours in the fall but still not bad. If I remember correctly those discs in the concrete were originally supposed to be photoluminescent to give the pathway a 'glow in the dark' look. I wonder if that's still the case? Hopefully the city can at least get it open before Stampede is over. It would be nice for people to enjoy the plaza during our peak tourist time.
It looks like a fair amount of trees to me, but right now they are small, and aren't making an impact. 5 years and they'll be noticeable. I notice a while ago when passing by on a raining day, the brass discs looked great, better than in the sun IMO.

Was down at the Stampede yesterday to see Our Lady Peace and it made me think how badly they need to move to Coke Stage to a bigger spot, anyone know what the latest plans for expansion of the grounds is?

731A3F7B-E283-43E7-B9E3-48EED748D155.jpeg
5C084EB1-B2EA-4794-BA1E-381061FD46EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 731A3F7B-E283-43E7-B9E3-48EED748D155.jpeg
    731A3F7B-E283-43E7-B9E3-48EED748D155.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 556
  • 5C084EB1-B2EA-4794-BA1E-381061FD46EF.jpeg
    5C084EB1-B2EA-4794-BA1E-381061FD46EF.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 516
Some Friday pics from Meadows Mile.

The professional centre is coming along - first basement level is done on a good part of the floorplate already.

Professional Centre Construction IMG_2430
by ferreth, on Flickr

Professional Centre Construction IMG_2431
by ferreth, on Flickr

The Caddy dealer is flying along too - might beat the Holiday Inn in opening...

Cadillac Dealer Construction IMG_2433
by ferreth, on Flickr

The Ferrari dealer is finished and open now. I'm just calling it the Ferrari dealer, but the building houses Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, and Rolls Royce. Certainly a great place if you want to go shoot some fancy cars!

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2434
by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2435
by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2436
by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2438
by ferreth, on Flickr

That is all for now, just a quick drive and dash posting!

Some Friday pics from Meadows Mile.

The professional centre is coming along - first basement level is done on a good part of the floorplate already.

Professional Centre Construction IMG_2430 by ferreth, on Flickr

Professional Centre Construction IMG_2431 by ferreth, on Flickr

The Caddy dealer is flying along too - might beat the Holiday Inn in opening...

Cadillac Dealer Construction IMG_2433 by ferreth, on Flickr

The Ferrari dealer is finished and open now. I'm just calling it the Ferrari dealer, but the building houses Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, and Rolls Royce. Certainly a great place if you want to go shoot some fancy cars!

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2434 by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2435 by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2436 by ferreth, on Flickr

Ferrari Dealer IMG_2438 by ferreth, on Flickr

That is all for now, just a quick drive and dash posting!

Thanks for the update @ferreth. So the Holiday Inn is still not yet? lol.

Thanks for the update @ferreth. So the Holiday Inn is still not yet? lol.
Nope, Holiday Inn is still being worked on slowly, although they are finally getting air conditioners installed, so they are crawling closer to the finish line. Pacini's is advertising they are opening soon "Beside the Holiday Inn". Kind of a strange way to put it, but since the sign is on Blackfoot across from the hotel, I'm assuming this is going to be the hotel restaurant. I've been to the one at the airport, so I look forward to visiting this one sometime around Xmas.
{edit} {Pacini's web site says opening Fall 2017, so those construction workers better pick it up a notch!

Nope, Holiday Inn is still being worked on slowly, although they are finally getting air conditioners installed, so they are crawling closer to the finish line. Pacini's is advertising they are opening soon "Beside the Holiday Inn". Kind of a strange way to put it, but since the sign is on Blackfoot across from the hotel, I'm assuming this is going to be the hotel restaurant. I've been to the one at the airport, so I look forward to visiting this one sometime around Xmas.
{edit} {Pacini's web site says opening Fall 2017, so those construction workers better pick it up a notch!
Is the Pacini's at the airport still there? I haven't been for a while, but used to go to their brunch buffet. It was great.

I assume that new building on 14 street was designed to conform with the existing planning rules (setbacks, single-use residential, etc.). It's really unfortunate because it has created a dead space that will now be set in place for generations to come.

I assume that new building on 14 street was designed to conform with the existing planning rules (setbacks, single-use residential, etc.). It's really unfortunate because it has created a dead space that will now be set in place for generations to come.
That would be my guess. A missed opportunity for sure.

It looks like it's built of cardboard. I'm not confident with it lasting generations

I've already gutted two ten year old homes built with OSB Sheathing, Exterior Gypsum, OSB I joists, etc. and it wasn't due to an egregious oversight on the homeowners.

Back