News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

General Construction Updates

Looks like One properties is looking to build only 2 towers for now

That makes sense. The small office building to the west of the Vietnamese building (which is coming down) does not look like it is going anywhere yet. A source of revenue for One Properties until they are ready to develop the rest of the project.

25FBED57-AFD8-4729-AF71-EBE1690DBB4D.jpeg

Work being done in the former Planetarium. Does anyone know what’s happening with this site?

Attachments

• 25FBED57-AFD8-4729-AF71-EBE1690DBB4D.jpeg
    25FBED57-AFD8-4729-AF71-EBE1690DBB4D.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 567
View attachment 140331
Work being done in the former Planetarium. Does anyone know what’s happening with this site?
I know when Contemporary Calgary was looking to take over the space they mentioned some issues with asbestos which the city recognized they had to fix if they moved in or now. Could be the city re-mediating but who knows.

Attachments

• Shaganappi Condo.jpg
    Shaganappi Condo.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 472
  • Shaganappi Condo 2.jpg
    Shaganappi Condo 2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 485
Hey, does anyone know of any volunteer opportunities in construction that don't require a ton of experience? Especially in demolition, been trying to get some extra volunteer hours and it would be fun to rip old buildings apart for the aesthetic betterment of our city haha.

Anyone know what is going on with the 8th street redevelopment? Apart from the underpass redo I can't see a single change to Calgary's busiest pedestrian corridor. Has the plan (that's now like 6 years old) been scrapped? By the time they get around to this it will have to be completely re-envisioned or risk looking dated from the get go.

I don't think you need a lot of experience in demolition. It's just manual labour. I did it one summer thinking it would be fun. It wasn't. It's hot , dirty and that debris is heavy. I've volunteered with Habitat for Humanity a number of time since I was a teen. I always had a good time and picked up pointers every time. You would have to check the website to see if they have any projects coming up.

Oh man that's cool. I hope they have tenants lined up though, 10th and kensington rd. Have seen fuller days. Looks like a good spot for a tech start up or design firm.

Back