News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.3K     0 

General Construction Updates

MichaelS mentioned that the lot was purchased by Cidex. No DP has been submitted yet, so unfortunately it'll probably sit empty for a while.
Speaking of Cidex, coming in on the Blue Line from the West this morning I noticed their 14th Street tower is still largely empty. Wonder if the rental market downtown is slowing down.

Albeit with some more Cidex context... I recently moved out of their West Village tower because their renewal increase was ridiculous ($3,450 for two bed two stalls). I had a chat with their leasing manager and he was saying the 14th St tower was advertised at same / slightly higher rates than West Village. I think they asking for way too much.

Great for pedestrians, but I hadn't been in that area by car in quite a while until last week only to find that 17th has been turned into one way (west bound) between 1st & Macleod so you can't even drive east through there.

There's two lanes east across the tracks but the only traffic that can use that is a single lane turning right from northbound Macleod. Odd config.

dfcb0c86b63b36aa864e56037eb13e9ecb9d5d27-960x640.png
That grey wall on the convention centre is really calling out for a digital display board. All those people going by on McLeod by train and car, stop lights that give drivers a direct view of your wall, people walking in from 17th....you'd think they want to use that space to advertise events/conventions or just generate some revenue.

Back