News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

Great news about ONE, their BLVD project turned out pretty well. This also made me look up the Vibe project from Fram: https://framslokker.com/portfolio/vibe/

vibe-calgary-2022-08.jpg

This image from the site is dated August 2022, not sure if this has been posted before.

"The new ONE Properties towers will complete Q Block, which is already home to 291 condo units at Verve by FRAM + Slokker and another 160 units to be built in FRAM + Slokker’s forthcoming Vibe condo project."

"Construction timelines and further details about ONE Properties’ two new towers will be shared in the coming months."
I thought Fram exited East Village and were looking for a buyer of their remaining properties. Can we assume that is who One Properties acquired it from?

Speaking from the developers perspective, this article is absolutely correct. A rental crunch is already here and rising rents and the prospect of it will keep rentals rolling in. CMHC top-up helps and more rental projects will certainly happen but financiers bullishness is still lagging somewhat as interest rates rise and compress cap rates.

I am a renter so feeling like I’ll get boned on the next rental increase and sure I won’t have better options. Frankly, Canada has absolutely fucked itself when it comes to matching up providing adequate housing and its immigration rates. I don’t know how we plan on housing everyone we are planning on coming in and sometimes it feels like a politically convenient way to keep boomers riding high on equity they’ve built. That seems to come at the expense of existing renters and those new incoming Canadians, feels like a bit of a scam. Anyways here is an article I think covers it as well, presuming it’s not blocked due to lack of subscription: https://theline.substack.com/p/jen-gerson-no-one-is-going-to-fix

Two is Manulife Place
Three is Mark on Tenth
Five is Bankers Court with PennWest Plaza in the background

Back