News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

I don't see this city needing a secondary venue. If it gets one, it will be at Foothills Athletic Park as part of its Fieldhouse complex. On that note: I heard back from a councilour's office on the Foothills Athletic Park Redevelopment Assessment Committee... The Social Return on Investment Analysis is complete and will become public at the committee's next meeting that isn't scheduled yet but will occur before December.

Just a reminder, "the Social Return on Investment Analysis will identify the social value that would be created based on capital dollars needed to implement the Foothills+McMahon concept plan". AKA is it worth it.
FibHvMkacAAc79L.jpg

Point 2 c. passed!

Foothills Fieldhouse got $20 million today when its budget amendment passed... maybe hear something at the committee's next meeting? They're going to need more funding to get shovels in the ground but maybe we start to get a more detailed design and an ask from the province on some additional funding.

I'll also add that Point 2 d. also passed. More money for the Rapid Housing Initiative & Housing Accelerator is never a bad thing even if it is just $12 million. We need something after losing that Bridgeland building (at least for the short term).

Last edited:
View attachment 441087
Point 2 c. passed!

Foothills Fieldhouse got $20 million today when its budget amendment passed... maybe hear something at the committee's next meeting? They're going to need more funding to get shovels in the ground but maybe we start to get a more detailed design and an ask from the province on some additional funding.

I'll also add that Point 2 d. also passed. More money for the Rapid Housing Initiative & Housing Accelerator is never a bad thing even if it is just $12 million. We need something after losing that Bridgeland building (at least for the short term).
Does anyone know if II. b. for LAP amenities would include Main Streets, or is this a separate budget item (or did it get cut)?

View attachment 441332
From the city’s Instagram post on the budget. Looks like they asked the province and feds for funds in November, I never saw any news or anything on it myself and was just assuming.
Additional funding implies something extra. Not like there is any doubt the city can fund it with fiscal framework transfers, or whatever is cooked up next to replace it.

Online Open Houses scheduled for December 6th and 15th for the Sarina Homes 1900 Block development on 33 Ave SW.

Yeah, they definitely just used the image of Harrison for the open house invite on Eventbrite. They likely want the open houses to be the first time stakeholders see the renders.

One Properties will be developing the rest of Q block in the East Village.

"Parcels Q3 and Q4 will front onto amenity-rich Fort Calgary Park, overlooking the community gardens, children’s playground, East Village dog park and Bow River. When complete, ONE Properties’ new towers will be home to approximately 750 new residents."

"The new ONE Properties towers will complete Q Block, which is already home to 291 condo units at Verve by FRAM + Slokker and another 160 units to be built in FRAM + Slokker’s forthcoming Vibe condo project."

"Construction timelines and further details about ONE Properties’ two new towers will be shared in the coming months."

That's great news! Does anyone have a map of EV's parcels? I roughly know where they're talking about but I'd love to see exactly which two Q3&4 are.

Glad to hear it's ONE Properties, they nailed BLVD so hopefully they can keep up the high quality!

Back