News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

i got the impression it (sampling) was targeting the corner lot that is currently for sale, quite small in relation to the whole safeway block.

Hmm, I'm thinking the old Sears site at North Hill mall.
Im pretty sure that ex-Sears site had been ordered to carry out a remediation earlier this year due to decades of gas leakage. I doubt that area will go ahead with developments anytime soon. Im betting on Westbrook, Crowchild(Banff Village or around Brentwood) and around Chinook for any future multi tower projects as of now. But maybe Atticus knows something exclusive that just might be a shocker out of no where.

I haven't heard anything about that one in a while. I suppose the developer could be going rental instead, but usually that would involve selling it to someone else. From what I know about the original developer Chelsea Sky, it''s unlikely they would change to a rental project.

I think we may very well have another rental from Chelsea Sky! I was just luring around their website and they seem to have new renderings up for the Citizen tower. Its now called "Chelsea tower" and its 19 stories instead of 15. It'll have 110 units instead of 85. The expected timeline of finish is 2021.
1541399407939.png

1541399424472.png

1541399438977.png

Edit:
They also seem to have some renderings for a Hotel with a 2022 date, don't know the location or if it even means anything as of now but I'll share it anyways.
1541399754839.png

Im pretty sure that ex-Sears site had been ordered to carry out a remediation earlier this year due to decades of gas leakage. I doubt that area will go ahead with developments anytime soon. Im betting on Westbrook, Crowchild(Banff Village or around Brentwood) and around Chinook for any future multi tower projects as of now. But maybe Atticus knows something exclusive that just might be a shocker out of no where.
Who owns the land where the North Hill store sits? Is it one of the assets tied up in bankruptcy litigation? Concord Pacific announced a few years ago that they would be co-developing the site with Sears but I didn't think they had purchased the land. Maybe they did.

I think we may very well have another rental from Chelsea Sky! I was just luring around their website and they seem to have new renderings up for the Citizen tower. Its now called "Chelsea tower" and its 19 stories instead of 15. It'll have 110 units instead of 85. The expected timeline of finish is 2021.
View attachment 162818
View attachment 162819

Edit:
They also seem to have some renderings for a Hotel with a 2022 date, don't know the location or if it even means anything as of now but I'll share it anyways.

The last thing this one needed to be was taller. Looks even worse than before. Smh...

Who owns the land where the North Hill store sits? Is it one of the assets tied up in bankruptcy litigation? Concord Pacific announced a few years ago that they would be co-developing the site with Sears but I didn't think they had purchased the land. Maybe they did.

I don't know who owns the rest of the site, but I know Concord Pacific owns the sears and their portion of the parking lot.

That would be awesome. The exterior facade of The Bay has been in desperate need of a restoration for a long time.

Back