News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Experiences at other forums

Yeah I am the same guy. I even kept the same avatar to drive the point home (plus, I still like Calvin). 13 years I have been talking about buildings and development in Calgary on the internet. Man how time flies.

Also, I am pretty sure DougB is Doug.

It's funny I was out taking pics with Designmind (from SSP). And we were talking (or should I say bitching) about Bad Grizzly. lol.

I was a longtime lurker at SSP. A couple others whom I recognize by their name Fisher Account, and Kora. Fusilli is in here as Retrofiturban, he mentioned it. I’m pretty sure Malcom Tucker is Darwink, nobody else I know can answer any question which a stat or a graph so quickly. Spring2008 is Probably Spring2008 from SSP

Yup, i'm here too. SSP is a dumpster fire! Weird moderators have enabled the deterioration over there. Loving the actual development talk/updates here :) I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who couldn't stand the Canada section lol.

Yes that's me, one and the same. I've been liking this site alot, it reminds me of the good old days at SSP.
I’m Vercingetorix (SSP)

I’m going to assume MichaelS, Habanero, Cowtown, Cyrus, Evolv, DaMaster, Rylucky, Dazzlingdave, Surreal-places, Kora and Mikeilheil are the same dudes from SSP.

I think I know who some of the others are based on comments, but won’t say anything ;-)

Glad to hear. They are finally talking about why it has gone to total shit over there, doesn't seem to be overly productive though...
I saw that too. Even if they get moderators doing their jobs, I don't intend to go back to SSP. Moderation was part of the issue, but for me it's also a half dozen or so members who I can't stand, and to be honest, I am liking this site a lot. It feels just like SSP but with all the good people.

I saw that too. Even if they get moderators doing their jobs, I don't intend to go back to SSP. Moderation was part of the issue, but for me it's also a half dozen or so members who I can't stand, and to be honest, I am liking this site a lot. It feels just like SSP but with all the good people.

Couldn't have said it better myself :) Debate stays confined to debate threads, and all of the rest of this site is 99% polite discourse and knowledge sharing. Couldn't be better, in relation.

Having somewhat compensated (no idea how) moderators/super contributors really helps - when things diverge there is a new topic set up within the day usually.

Agreed. I believe some the people here are staff members..Marcanadian and Surrealplaces? Either way they do a good job with this site.
Having somewhat compensated (no idea how) moderators/super contributors really helps - when things diverge there is a new topic set up within the day usually.

Agreed. I believe some the people here are staff members..Marcanadian and Surrealplaces? Either way they do a good job with this site.

I'm not actually a staff member, but I do get paid a monthly stipend to write articles and to be SRC's local representative when dealing with developers, etc.. Those articles about on ground breaking, topping off ceremonies, and building tours, etc.. are part of that function.

My account on the forum side is voluntary, and is a hobby, one that I enjoy. Darwink's right though, some of that function as a Representative for SRC does benefit the forum.

Last edited:
I'm with you guys, I doubt I'll go back to SSP as a regular if ever. For me it's not about the site itself or the format of the website etc. it's about the members - wat too many jerkwads. The good ones are all here, and the ones that I didn't care for are still there. Even if the mods fix things up it won't be enough for me, the Canada section is still there, and that's one of the reasons I left.

Back