News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Experiences at other forums

Oh and just out of pure laziness and life being a bit crazy lately, I have finally moved to Skyrise Cities from the dark, desolate Siberian death trap that is the Skyscraperpage Forum.
Glad to hear. They are finally talking about why it has gone to total shit over there, doesn't seem to be overly productive though...

Five simple reasons for SSPs incipient failure...

1. The moderators don't moderate, allowing cyberbullies to continue unchecked (see the Canada section)
2. The moderators aren't moderate
3. Many of the moderators join in on the attacks and bullying
4. The global mods don't regulate the local moderators
5. The people say they want a resolution, then continue bringing up stuff that happened untold numbers of years ago

This trend will only continue until they ban several key members (most of whom don't contribute to knowledge/photos anyway), but that will not happen, and will lead to further decline.

Thank you for providing a haven of knowledge, Skyrise! :D

I offered my two cents, but to be honest I don't really care that much. I'm liking it here, and plan to stay here, so long as it doesn't become a dumpster fire as well. I've always attributed it to mods and the knuckleheads in the Canada section, but it's a variety of reasons.

This is a quote from someone's post and I thought it was pretty accurate.

I'm not pretending to be a psychologist or anything, but it appears that the people who were generally focused more on the development and construction side were also the ones that were kinda middle of the road politically, and those are the ones who have left.

Those still left on this site seem to be either solidly left or solidly right, and will quickly discuss and debate any topic. I don't believe those people come here for development and construction updates, they come for the discussion and debate.
If development was what they were interested in, they would have left to SRC a long time ago. From a purely construction development aspect, it's 1000 times better than this site. They could replace the construction thread here with a link to SRC, and it would work wonderfully. This site has more threads about various other topics though. Topics that will keep the solid lefties and righties in discussion for a long time.

It's not meant to be a slight against any particular person (left wing or right wing) only an observation on the change in SSP over the last year or so.

Good to see another recognizable name from SSP!

I however used a new username when signing up here and am always curious who else came from SSP but changed their username. One of you has to be Bigtime and one Chadillac.

Bigtime is a diehard SSP supporter. Last I was around SSP, he was very against the idea of coming over here, or so I read.

I am Chadillac.

I’m Vercingetorix (SSP)

I’m going to assume MichaelS, Habanero, Cowtown, Cyrus, Evolv, DaMaster, Rylucky, Dazzlingdave, Surreal-places, Kora and Mikeilheil are the same dudes from SSP.

I think I know who some of the others are based on comments, but won’t say anything ;-)

Good to see another recognizable name from SSP!

I however used a new username when signing up here and am always curious who else came from SSP but changed their username. One of you has to be Bigtime and one Chadillac.
I have a different name than on SSP, lets see who can figure me out... lol

I think bigtime retired from SSP too, not sure if he's here though.

Glad you're here!

Bigtime hasn't been active on SSP in months, but I can't imagine he would be able to go on without his Urban Dev / Construction fix. Maybe he's lurking.

Wooster (Josh White) must be one of you folks as well...

Bigtime is a diehard SSP supporter. Last I was around SSP, he was very against the idea of coming over here, or so I read.

I am Chadillac.

I was a longtime lurker at SSP. A couple others whom I recognize by their name Fisher Account, and Kora. Fusilli is in here as Retrofiturban, he mentioned it. I’m pretty sure Malcom Tucker is Darwink, nobody else I know can answer any question which a stat or a graph so quickly. Spring2008 is Probably Spring2008 from SSP

I didn't spend that much time at SSP. The threads went off topic a lot and were hard to follow. I went into some of the Canada threads a few times, and I agree, there was an anti-Calgary, anti-Alberta or anti-west vibe in general. Ditching SSP was an easy decision.

I have a different name than on SSP, lets see who can figure me out... lol

I think bigtime retired from SSP too, not sure if he's here though.

Ramsayfarian?

Back