News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Covid-19

The gal and I burned through the first season of Ozark in two nights before I came to work. Great show so far, looking forward to season 2 when I get home. Until then I have Vikings seasons 4-6 to watch, another show I'd recommend.
Ozark gets better as it goes. ? I've heard good things about Vikings, and probably should give it a go. I've had a few different people telling me to watch the Tiger King.

Ozark gets better as it goes. ? I've heard good things about Vikings, and probably should give it a go. I've had a few different people telling me to watch the Tiger King.
I just watched the first episode. Not sure I’ll watch another. Did not draw me in.

The gal and I burned through the first season of Ozark in two nights before I came to work. Great show so far, looking forward to season 2 when I get home. Until then I have Vikings seasons 4-6 to watch, another show I'd recommend.

Damn. Always wanted to watch Vikings. Where is that available? HBO? No worries I’ll figure it out.

Vikings is excellent. It is on Netflix and I believe it's still on the History Channel but I haven't had cable in ages.

For my fellow sci fi nerds, 'The Expanse' is one of the best sci fi shows ever made in my opinion. They just released the fourth season on Amazon Prime Video. One of my first orders of business once I'm not catastrophically broke is to buy the book series. The ninth book is coming out this year. It's a different kind of sci fi because it takes place entirely within our own solar system, and is a lot more dark and intense.

The United Nations - Earth & Luna - 30 billion people

Earth-Luna is the prime superpower in the solar system, but has an extremely outdated military. While it has older ships, the UNN has about 5x the number of the MCRN. Over half of the population is unemployed, living on universal basic assistance. Another large percentage is homeless and are classified as "undocumented's," whom aren't eligible for even hospital assistance. Sea levels have risen several meters, and the ocean is held back from Europe, Northern China, and the Eastern Seaboard by a series of dikes.

The UN shares control of Ganymede, Callisto, Eros (formerly), Phoebe (formerly), and Titan with the MCR. It holds the flag protectorates of Ceres and Europa entirely under UN authority.

dbo30xo-1520c4d9-fb6a-44e6-966e-00d92206ac81.jpg

Martian Congressional Republic - Mars - 10 billion people

Mars is a naval and economic superpower which rivals Earth. Even with far fewer ships, Mars' superior technology would possibly give them the edge in a war against Earth. Martians despise Earthers, referring to them as "takers", because of the well known fact that most of the UN population is unemployed. In contrast, Mars has 0% unemployment, with the society entirely dedicated to two goals: the formation of an atmosphere and liquid water ocean on Mars, and the strengthening of the MCRN to deter an attack by the UNN.

The MCR shares control of Ganymede, Callisto, Eros (formerly), Phoebe (formerly), and Titan with the UN. It holds no flag protectorates of its own.

latest

Outer Planets Alliance - Ceres, Ganymede, Tycho Station, Eros (formerly), Rhea, Pallas, Hygiea, OPAN Behemoth, etc. - 100 000 000 people

The OPA is considered by the superpowers to be a terrorist organization, though most people in the Belt claim their ethnicity/affiliation to be "Belters," and are very proud people. Due to the decentralized form of their government, and number of factions that claim membership in the alliance, the terms "government" and "terrorist organization" could fairly equally characterize the OPA.

The Belt has been virtually enslaved by Earth and Mars for over a century, since the invention of the Epstein Drive.

isy18px349f11.png

Last edited:
This might be irrelevant to almost everyone here but not for me;)

Trudeau announced this morning that relief would be coming for students and summer workers who don't make the $5000 per year to be able tp qualify for CERB. This means I will hopefully be able to pay my bills soon haha.

source

I hope everyone is safe and sound. Just found out that my company extended working fro home until the end of May. I'm already going stir crazy, should be interesting. That said, I'm thankful to still be working given the situation. I hope everything pans out for those not working right now.

On a positive note, Alberta's case numbers seem to be flattening out now, following the same pattern as BC. Let's hope that trend continues.

Back