Votes: 39 35.5%
  • So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
I just want to know how that little 3/4 story white apartment building tucked in-between all the Cidex towers has survived....
It is the house in UP, Beakerhead should do a balloon installation on the roof.

Of note, the Enterprise across the street is for sale. So construction workers and residents should have another surface parking lot they can use soon.

Design Rationale

awjofojasjof.PNG

Last edited:

I know we've already made fun of this, and I'm no architect...but to me this is clearly an example of someone who didn't make a site visit, or just flat out didn't bother to even care about real-world context.

Even if the pixelation itself was well executed, you'd have to view the building from blocks away to see any type of effect. Love it or hate it, the pixelation on the South Hospital works because you can see it from a distance. But here, you'll never be able to see it from far enough away to even remotely make any connection. If they placed it on the 9th ave side, maybe it would at least have a chance. But no, they placed in on the street that faces a fully developed block (and I doubt they were clever enough to do some sort of anamorphic illusion to see it from an angle). They stole the idea, executed it poorly, and placed it on the least effective side.

I may be reading the title wrong. This podium would be above average in Dubai. Probably doesn't help.

Long time lurker, first time posting.

Loblaws is planning to lease out the retail portion of the podium. Everyone loves to hate this podium, but I don't think it's so bad from an urban design point of view. A line of trees separates the sidewalk from the roadway. If the city was ambitious and built a cycle track on the north side of 9th ave, from 11th street to Macloed trail, then it would be a half-decent sidewalk to walk on.

1705525162498.png

Back