• So So

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 20 18.2%

• Total voters
1545073244574.jpeg

Cidex must be having issues with the window wall contractor. They should have 5-6 floors of glass by now.

Cidex must be having issues with the window wall contractor. They should have 5-6 floors of glass by now.
Last I saw the glass was done by Starline out of Langley BC, and there was a significant amount of spandrel. Basically, I kind of hope they find a better supplier, but knowing how cheap Cidex is, I would be surprised if it went that way lol.

Figures. Cidex is a cheap company that produces cheap buildings. Do not have high hopes for the quality of materials on this one. Could turn out worse than The Hat.

Last I saw the glass was done by Starline out of Langley BC, and there was a significant amount of spandrel. Basically, I kind of hope they find a better supplier, but knowing how cheap Cidex is, I would be surprised if it went that way lol.
I was speaking to someone at NORR last week, and was told the curtain wall is coming from a supplier in Korea (is that the same one as Starline?). He assured me that this would be the nicest residential building in Alberta. I guess time will tell.

Keep in mind that Cidex's offices are just down the street of this building. Perhaps they've put the money and effort in to have something pretty to look at from their desks.

Crazy to think how tall this tower will be compared to the rest of the buildings in the area. It's probably less than a third of the height it will be at completion and it's already more than a runt from the westbound skyline. It'll be almost twice as tall as the tallest towers in the area and the closest tower to match its size will be the Nexen Building(which is 152 meters) and is 600 meters(4 blocks) away. There's only 17 buildings in the whole city to match its size or be taller that are finished(18 if you count Telus Sky.)

I’m guessing less than 40. There’s a lot of height eaten up in that massive base before the regular floorplates start and the angled crown at the top will be a lot of height used up. It’s about half way there in height by my estimation.

Back